Tags not implemented in details view

Ideas for improvements and requests for new features in XnView Classic

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

marsh
XnThusiast

Tags not implemented in details view

Post by marsh »

Tag function does not work in details view. Multiple tagged images can be moved in thumbnails view, but not after switching to details view (no "use tagged dialog is shown").

V 1.90 RC1
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: RC1: Tags not implemented in details view

Post by xnview »

marsh wrote:Tag function does not work in details view. Multiple tagged images can be moved in thumbnails view, but not after switching to details view (no "use tagged dialog is shown").
The problem is that you have no tag box in detail view, so difficult to use it!!
Pierre.
Dreamer
XnThusiast

Post by Dreamer »

xnview wrote:
marsh wrote:Tag function does not work in details view. Multiple tagged images can be moved in thumbnails view, but not after switching to details view (no "use tagged dialog is shown").
The problem is that you have no tag box in detail view, so difficult to use it!!
I'd say impossible - in most views - all except Thumbnails and Thumbnails & Labels, even in Thumbnails & Details, even if there are thumbnails.

If it's too hard to implement tag indicators, what about use red background color for tagged files, same as blue for selected?
Dreamer
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

Dreamer wrote:
xnview wrote:
I'd say impossible - in most views - all except Thumbnails and Thumbnails & Labels, even in Thumbnails & Details, even if there are thumbnails.

If it's too hard to implement tag indicators, what about use red background color for tagged files, same as blue for selected?
ok
Pierre.
Olivier_G
XnThusiast

Post by Olivier_G »

xnview wrote:The problem is that you have no tag box in detail view, so difficult to use it!!
Why not use the 'Tag' column? (you would click on it to Tag/untag files just like the Tag box). I actually expected it to work like that and tried clicking on it... :)
Olivier
Dreamer
XnThusiast

Post by Dreamer »

xnview wrote:
Dreamer wrote:
xnview wrote: The problem is that you have no tag box in detail view, so difficult to use it!!

ok
Added in RC2, thanks, but still missing in "Thumbnails & Details" view. There should be perhaps the same indicator as in other Thumbnail views.

BTW I agree with Olivier, but probably it's too late - Pierre?

Perhaps easier to implement, if you want to use a mouse, would be some mouse shortcut(s):

RMB+LMB and LMB+RMB - to select
RMB+MMB and LMB+MMB - to tag/untag
Dreamer
Dreamer
XnThusiast

Post by Dreamer »

Still missing in test RC3 version, I think it's quite important, otherwise tags are completely unusable in "Thumbnails & Details" view.

If you can't add the same tag box as in other thumbnail views, at least tag column and red background please - as in non-thumbnail views.
Dreamer
helmut

Post by helmut »

In 1.90 final release tagging is still not possible in detail view.

-> Suggestions.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

helmut wrote:In 1.90 final release tagging is still not possible in detail view.

-> Suggestions.
You can use Ctrl+T
Pierre.
helmut

Post by helmut »

xnview wrote:
helmut wrote:In 1.90 final release tagging is still not possible in detail view.

-> Suggestions.
You can use Ctrl+T
Oh yes, I can see now: Tagged entries are marked red.

A (minor) issue:
As long as the selection is on a file, one cannot see that the file is tagged.
Dreamer
XnThusiast

Post by Dreamer »

helmut wrote:A (minor) issue:
As long as the selection is on a file, one cannot see that the file is tagged.
There is a "tag" column. I think we can close it. It's not perfect, but sufficient IMO.
Dreamer
marsh
XnThusiast

Post by marsh »

helmut wrote:
xnview wrote:

-> Suggestions.
You can use Ctrl+T
Marked but not yet implemented. However, untagging files which have been chosen previously in thumbnails view while in details view will work.
Dreamer
XnThusiast

Post by Dreamer »

marsh wrote:
helmut wrote:
xnview wrote: You can use Ctrl+T
Marked but not yet implemented.
I don't understand. :?
Dreamer
marsh
XnThusiast

Tags require 'scan headers' weirdness

Post by marsh »

It seems that the tag function requires the 'scan file headers in folders' option when starting out in details view. Without it, the 'tagged list' will not be updated when switching to thumbnails view using <F9>. The selection will disappear instead.
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: Tags require 'scan headers' weirdness

Post by xnview »

marsh wrote:It seems that the tag function requires the 'scan file headers in folders' option when starting out in details view. Without it, the 'tagged list' will not be updated when switching to thumbnails view using <F9>. The selection will disappear instead.
Strange, i have not this problem...
Pierre.