Extra Plugins

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView Classic.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

ckit
XnThusiast

Post by ckit »

We need a really good SWF plugin for XnView 1.80 anyone interested?
AMD Ryzen 3 3300X 3.8Ghz, 16Gb DDR4, RX6600XT with Dell U2520D at 2560x1440@60Hz
Windows 11 Pro x64 23H2, PowerToys and Wintoys
azsd

Post by azsd »

:(

I have copied Xuser.dll generated by PluginsSDK-win.zip in to new 1.80 plugins directionary but its not work.
kaoru

plugins error: "format could not be determined"

Post by kaoru »

I have downloaded and installed the latest version of xnview and the latest .eri plugin (in plugins folder, and it shows up in plugins info window), but the program still does not recognize the file type. Error message: "Format of the file <foobar.eri> could not be determined." I've checked a hex view of the file and see the words "Entis Rasterized Image" in the right-hand column.

I just tried the .swf plugin and had the same problem.

Thank you for any help you can give.
terryo

Post by terryo »

try to rename Xswf.dll in Xswf.usr, in the PlugIns folder...
For me, this plugin is working now with XnView 1.80.1

Post by Guest »

Merci de votre suggestion, terryo. Je l'ai essaye, mais ca ne marche pas: ou je vois un image immobile, ou je ne vois qu'un carre blanc.
terryo

Post by terryo »

renaming this plugin was proposed by Pierre
http://newsgroup.xnview.com/viewtopic.php?p=13030

On my computer, it's working but without animation (it's a limit of xswf plugin). For animated SWF file, only the first picture/frame is visible.
Warper

Can't view .SWF

Post by Warper »

Hi to all,
I just downloaded XnView 1.80.3 and added the xswf.dll plug-in but nothing happens. :(
I already restarted XnView several times but still can't view this type of files.
When I try to open those file from within XV explorer window I receive a message telling me that the program does not know how to read these files.
Any idea?
TIA
Warper

Post by Guest »

I have been sent 2 files that I need to open urgently. The file extensions are *.cdr and the start of the file in hex is RIFF....CDRCvrsn...

I thought these were Coreldraw pictures.

However RIFF is Raster Image File Format.

Is there a plugin in XnView that would open AND convert these files to a useful format?

Please help

Thanks

Chris
XnTriq
Moderator & Librarian

Post by XnTriq »

The “CDRCvrsn” string indicates that these are actually CorelDRAW files.
corion.net ([url=http://www.corion.net/cgi-bin/wiki.cgi/display/Format:RIFF]Wiki | FileFormats | RIFF[/url]) wrote:The RIFF (Resource interchange file format) format was created by Microsoft and is used by many applications like Windows, Corel Draw etc.. It is block structured, each block has a header ID and a size, so that even a program that works with an old version of the file format can skip the unknown parts of the file and work on the known parts of the file. All RIFF blocks begin on a word boundary so it might be necessary to skip an additional byte. In the present specification, only one RIFF block per file is allowed, and only the RIFF and LIST blocks may contain subblocks.
You'll find a “RIFF” signature in the headers of .ANI (Animated Cursor), .AVI (Video for Windows), .PAL (Microsoft Palette), .WAV (Wave Form), but also .CDR (CorelDRAW), .CLK (Corel R.A.V.E.) and .CMX (Corel Presentation Exchange) files, if you view them in hex mode.