PNG saved with Photoshop 5 with black background

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView Classic.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

Lasse

Post by Lasse »

I have a problem with xnview:
When I take a vector-eps-image (for example, from adobe illustrator) and import it into photoshop (as grey-scale, only a black motive), then I get a transparency-backround with the greyscale-image. So far, so good.
Then I save the image as PNG with Photoshop 5. Not interlaced.
Then load the image into xnview. Xnview showes the image with a black (!) backround (not a white one) and it's about impossible to see the foreground-image, because it's so dark, already black, too.

Can you reproduce that?

Regards,
Lasse
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

Lasse wrote:I have a problem with xnview:
When I take a vector-eps-image (for example, from adobe illustrator) and import it into photoshop (as grey-scale, only a black motive), then I get a transparency-backround with the greyscale-image. So far, so good.
Then I save the image as PNG with Photoshop 5. Not interlaced.
Then load the image into xnview. Xnview showes the image with a black (!) backround (not a white one) and it's about impossible to see the foreground-image, because it's so dark, already black, too.

Can you reproduce that?
So the PNG is in 32bits?
Could you send me a sample, please?
Pierre.

Post by Guest »

I'm not sure if this is the same bug,

But when I've viewing a sequence of PNG's (they are greyscale), sometimes, when I go to the next image, it becomes very dark so I can barely see the foreground.

If I were to completely exit XnView, and open that image, it displays normally.

This suggests that something(s) isn't been reset/cleared when I go to the next image.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

Anonymous wrote:I'm not sure if this is the same bug,

But when I've viewing a sequence of PNG's (they are greyscale), sometimes, when I go to the next image, it becomes very dark so I can barely see the foreground.

If I were to completely exit XnView, and open that image, it displays normally.

This suggests that something(s) isn't been reset/cleared when I go to the next image.
Could you send me some samples, please?
Pierre.

Post by Guest »

Sure, once I get home I will send to your webmaster e-mail address.

I'll also list out my settings under the options so you can better replicate the problem.