What does 'Registration' do?

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView Classic.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

iycgtptyarvg
Posts: 81
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:59 pm
Location: The Netherlands

What does 'Registration' do?

Post by iycgtptyarvg »

Hi all, I've used XnView for a couple of years now. To my great surprise I noticed a keygen for v1.92.1 on a torrent website. So, I went to XnView's 'Info' menu and lo and behold, there is a 'Registration' option there.

I'm a bit confused, because I thought XnView was free.
Am I missing something?

Before you tell me to 'search the forums': I did, but could only find a reference to a 'Deluxe' version from 2005 where Pierre stated the Deluxe version didn't exist anymore.
User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 38817
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France

Re: What does 'Registration' do?

Post by xnview »

iycgtptyarvg wrote:Hi all, I've used XnView for a couple of years now. To my great surprise I noticed a keygen for v1.92.1 on a torrent website. So, I went to XnView's 'Info' menu and lo and behold, there is a 'Registration' option there.

I'm a bit confused, because I thought XnView was free.
Am I missing something?

Before you tell me to 'search the forums': I did, but could only find a reference to a 'Deluxe' version from 2005 where Pierre stated the Deluxe version didn't exist anymore.
The registration is only needed for company
Pierre.
User avatar
Clo
XnThusiast
Posts: 4441
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 4:57 am
Location: Bordeaux, France

Read The Fabulous Manual !

Post by Clo »

:arrow: iycgtptyarvg

:) Hello !

• You could have found this info HERE ONLINE :wink:
- Also available as CHM from my Web pages…

:mrgreen: KR
Claude
Clo
Old user ON SELECTIVE STRIKE till further notice
Guest

Post by Guest »

Ok, thanks for clarifying. I guess the people who created the keygen thought XnView was crippleware or something.
User avatar
peterg22
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue May 06, 2008 6:33 pm
Location: Woking

Post by peterg22 »

It spreads good kharma too :wink: Xnview's really useful to me as I can now get rid of 3 other software packages that I needed to process my pictures. Merci!
User avatar
helmut
Moderator
Posts: 8688
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2003 6:47 pm
Location: Frankfurt, Germany

Post by helmut »

peterg22 wrote:It spreads good kharma too :wink: ...
Yes, indeed. But XnView can't clean dirty washing and do the ironing, yet. ;-)
User avatar
peterg22
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue May 06, 2008 6:33 pm
Location: Woking

Post by peterg22 »

helmut wrote:
peterg22 wrote:It spreads good kharma too :wink: ...
Yes, indeed. But XnView can't clean dirty washing and do the ironing, yet. ;-)
Of course, but it makes a fine cup of coffee!
User avatar
helmut
Moderator
Posts: 8688
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2003 6:47 pm
Location: Frankfurt, Germany

Post by helmut »

peterg22 wrote:Of course, but it makes a fine cup of coffee!
:-)
Rikki
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 2:48 pm

Post by Rikki »

I am most impressed with XNV, there are only 2 minor things that I would want altered and id completely happy. Im going to purchase a copy as soon as I get paid this month.