Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

oops66
XnThusiast

v.005 Lin*x version_bugs&requests

Post by oops66 »

From http://newsgroup.xnview.com/viewtopic.p ... 7&start=30
xnview wrote:
oops66 wrote:FYI
It's a very good start, even if some bugs exist but this is normal for an alpha project.
If you have some bugs, you can make a post
I do not know exactly why (because it is the same source for all the plateformes), but the high zoom quality behavior is better in the XnViewMP windows version than in the XnViewMP lin*x version - strange.
Strange, it's the same process
1) Thumbnails are not always created (or shown) at the first time, when I browse an image folder (I have sometime to do View\Rebuild Thumbnails several times to be able to see all of them in the browser mode).
2) The .avi (or video files) thumbnails are never created, maybe a codec link problem under linux ?
3) I have also to restart XnViewMP to take effect when I change for example my zoom setting ( from never to Reduce&Enlarge... or else)
4) High CPU usage with some animated .gif (100% instead 25% in the windows version), and sometime freeze my system.
5) Crash with animated png
PS: with the XnViewMP_alfa005 Lin*x version.
Last edited by oops66 on Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
XnViewMP Linux X64 - Debian - X64
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: Some bugs with XnViewMP_alfa005 Lin*x version

Post by xnview »

oops66 wrote: 1) Thumbnails are not always created (or shown) at the first time, when I browse an image folder (I have sometime to do View\Rebuild Thumbnails several times to be able to see all of them in the browser mode).
Strange, you have that each time?
2) The .avi (or video files) thumbnails are never created, maybe a codec link problem under linux ?
No video code yet on linux :-)
3) I have also to restart XnViewMP to take effect when I change for example my zoom setting ( from never to Reduce&Enlarge... or else)
Yes, it's normal with this beta
4) High CPU usage with some animated .gif (100% instead 25% in the windows version), and sometime freeze my system.
Could you send me a sample?
Pierre.
oops66
XnThusiast

Post by oops66 »

Hello Pierre,
1) No, not each time, sometime only, but I have very often some few blank thumbnails into a images folder (and not always the same jpg blank thumbnails).
2) OK
3) OK
4) .gif sent by mail (FYI: the spin is faster than in the 1.93.6 Win version - maybe this is the problem ?)
For example, in XnViewMP alfa005 linux version, with this very small animated gif file (Browser mode & zoom 100%), the processus : xnview=47% and Xorg=45% consume 92% of my CPU and freeze my system about every 30 seconds for 2 seconds.
And I have not the image into the view mode (tab).
-----------------------------------------------------------
In the XnView 1.93.6 Win version, under Wine v1.0rc4, for the same gif (view mode or browser mode & zoom 100%) the processus : xnview=8% and Xorg=8% consume 16% of my CPU.
If the zoom = 1600% the processus : xnview=44% and Xorg=44% consume 88% of my CPU, but does not freeze my system.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

oops66 wrote:1) No, not each time, sometime only, but I have very often some few blank thumbnails into a images folder (and not always the same jpg blank thumbnails).
Could you make a screenshot when you have that?? your folder contains jpeg?
4) .gif sent by mail (FYI: the spin is faster than in the 1.93.6 Win version - maybe this is the problem ?)
on xnview dot com??
Pierre.
oops66
XnThusiast

Post by oops66 »

No, sorry (the wanadoo one from your profil) but sent again to webmaster at xnview dot com, with two consecutive screenshot (with the rebuild thumbnails problem).
oops66
XnThusiast

Post by oops66 »

Hello,
1) Thanks Pierre, Rebuild thumbnails is now fixed in MP lin*x !
2) video code on linux MP, postponed
3) Do not have to restart XnViewMP to take effect, postponed

What about the topic 4 & 5 ?

6) Into the MP linux version, the hight quality zoom has a better texture definition (about 5x) than in the MP windows version, but the zoom behavior is not very good (too slow, about 5 times slower).

Is it possible to have a possibility to also change the definition texture quality (as options, like ~ the software Gqview ) in a next release ?
For me it's a priority too !
http://newsgroup.xnview.com/viewtopic.php?p=62402#62402

7) MP linux version but also MP windows version spend to much time to toggle between browser mode and View mode.
I think the image in the View mode ( or full screen mode) should be preloaded in memory if (when) a thumbnail in browser mode is selected.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

oops66 wrote: 4) .gif sent by mail (FYI: the spin is faster than in the 1.93.6 Win version - maybe this is the problem ?)
I don't understand why...
Fixed
6) Into the MP linux version, the hight quality zoom has a better texture definition (about 5x) than in the MP windows version, but the zoom behavior is not very good (too slow, about 5 times slower).
Strange, it's the same code, i'll check
Do you have the same settings for high zoom quality?
Is it possible to have a possibility to also change the definition texture quality (as options, like ~ the software Gqview ) in a next release ?
For me it's a priority too !
http://newsgroup.xnview.com/viewtopic.php?p=62402#62402
Yes, i can add such feature
7) MP linux version but also MP windows version spend to much time to toggle between browser mode and View mode.
I think the image in the View mode ( or full screen mode) should be preloaded in memory if (when) a thumbnail in browser mode is selected.
Yes, currently it's not made
Pierre.
oops66
XnThusiast

Post by oops66 »

xnview wrote:....

Strange, it's the same code, i'll check
Do you have the same settings for high zoom quality?
Bonjour Pierre,
Yes, I know ,it's strange with the same code, I have exactly the same zoom setting but not the same result.
Great, this will be very interesting to also have the ability to change the definition texture quality (as options, like ~ the software Gqview ) in a future release.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

oops66 wrote: Yes, I know ,it's strange with the same code, I have exactly the same zoom setting but not the same result.
I'll check, you have a difference in enlarge?
Pierre.
oops66
XnThusiast

Post by oops66 »

Yes, I have a difference with enlarge and with reduce&enlarge option too.
(not with never or reduce only)

About the gif speed, item 4, the problem seems the same with Vista x64:
http://newsgroup.xnview.com/viewtopic.php?p=63336#63336
oops66
XnThusiast

Post by oops66 »

Hello Pierre,
FIXED with Alfa 0.015 Version, Thanks !

6) Into the MP linux version, the high quality zoom has a better texture definition (about 5x) than in the MP windows version, but the zoom behavior is not very good (too slow, about 5 times slower).
Seems FIXED with Alfa 0.015 Version (high quality zoom behavior seems better, but i have to do more tests).

FIXED with Alfa 0.015 Version, Thanks Pierre !

Just remains:
2) video code on linux MP, postponed
3) Do not have to restart XnViewMP to take effect,
Almost FIXED

6'-)The possibility to also change the definition texture quality as options in a next version for high quality zoom.

-->Next to a0.015:
http://newsgroup.xnview.com/viewtopic.php?t=15437