Auto filters in slideshows? White transparency?

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView Classic.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

Rutabaga

Auto filters in slideshows? White transparency?

Post by Rutabaga »

Love Xnview and all that... anyway it has become my image viewer of choice because of it's speed, functionality and wide support of different extensions. However there are times when I still have to dig out Windows Picture and Fax Viewer (for the love of god don't scroll a large image in it!) and that's when I know I have a problem.

I have a love for comic-books and occasionally view a few scanned jpgs on the comp. This makes using Windows Viewer an advantage for two reasons. First, any transparency becomes white like I want it but in Xnview I see the standard grey checkerboard when there have been bad scans combined with wrong formats. This is mostly only with the black and white "mangoes". So is there any way to just get white layer as background for all viewed files?
Secondly, Windows Viewer seems to use some sort of blur filter which makes reading these resized comics, that more often then not stretch a bit off-screen, easier on the eye. I relise that I can apply a similar filter by going into to "Filter", choosing "User Filter..." and choosing blur but doing this for each one and reading at the same time? It gets a bit tiresome.
So is there some options that can apply these "effects" to images automatically during a slideshow? Or is there some way to just map these functions to a key making the process a bit less cubersome? Or maybe even apply these effects to a bunch of images at the same time and save them? Or should I just find and download yet another single-use software?
oops66
XnThusiast

Re: Auto filters in slideshows? White transparency?

Post by oops66 »

Hello,
About the auto filters in slideshows:
I think than a kind of auto filters in slide shows is possible, because it's already the case for example for the thumbnails with the option "sharpen thumbnails".
But, for the more big files, for me the best way is to modify the originals images (or the copies) as you want before.
(apply the filters only one time instead each times so less CPU usage, less time and energy)
You can use the batch processing (Ctrl+U) and apply your favorite filters for the selected files.

About the White (or user defined) option transparency each times:
It's a good idea, Pierre is it possible?
XnViewMP Linux X64 - Debian - X64
XnTriq
Moderator & Librarian

Post by XnTriq »

Rutabaga wrote:So is there any way to just get white layer as background for all viewed files?
Method A:
  1. Go to Tools » Options... » View » View.
  2. Deactivate Use checkerboard pattern as background.
  3. Set Background colour to white.
Method B:
  2. Activate Use checkerboard pattern as background.
  3. Quit XnView.
  4. Open the file xnview.ini in Notepad and look for the [View] section.
  5. Add the following lines to the [View] section:

Code: Select all

CheckerColor1=16777215
    CheckerColor2=16777215

6. Save xnview.ini and restart XnView.
Related requests/suggestions:
Clo
XnThusiast

Also as …

Post by Clo »

:arrow: XnTriq

:) Hello W. !
CheckerColor1=16777215
CheckerColor2=16777215
• Let's notice that there
CheckerColor1=#FFFFFF
CheckerColor2=#FFFFFF
works too, but that isn't true for ALL INI ENTRIES:|

:mrgreen: KR
Claude
Clo
Old user ON SELECTIVE STRIKE till further notice
oops66
XnThusiast

Post by oops66 »

XnTriq wrote:
Rutabaga wrote:So is there any way to just get white layer as background for all viewed files?
Method A:
  2. Deactivate Use checkerboard pattern as background.
  3. Set Background colour to white.
Method B:
  2. Activate Use checkerboard pattern as background.
  3. Quit XnView.
  4. Open the file xnview.ini in Notepad and look for the [View] section.
  5. Add the following lines to the [View] section:

Code: Select all

CheckerColor1=16777215
    CheckerColor2=16777215

6. Save xnview.ini and restart XnView.
Yes, but I mean an easier way to do that (to avoid to go into the configuration each times only for that).
Maybe a bistable mode (with an hotkey) to toggle between The checkerboard pattern as background and an user defined background color. so only an option to activate\deactivate the "Use checkerboard pattern as background" item. ?
XnViewMP Linux X64 - Debian - X64
XnTriq
Moderator & Librarian

Post by XnTriq »

oops66 wrote:Yes, but I mean an easier way to do that (to avoid to go into the configuration each times only for that).
Maybe a bistable mode (with an hotkey) to toggle between The checkerboard pattern as background and an user defined background color. so only an option to activate\deactivate the "Use checkerboard pattern as background" item. ?
Your words in Pierre's ears... :mrgreen:
XnTriq ([url=http://newsgroup.xnview.com/viewtopic.php?t=14597]“Use checkerboard pattern as background” in menu and toolbar[/url]) wrote:I would like to suggest that the Use checkerboard pattern as background option be moved to the View menu, and also that it be made available as a command for customizing the toolbar.