Hidden file filter does not apply to subdirectory expansion

Ideas for improvements and requests for new features in XnView MP

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

jrbray

Hidden file filter does not apply to subdirectory expansion

Post by jrbray »

I love the subdirectory expansion feature, as it will be so useful for joining disparate directories in one slide show, but I notice it always finds the files in .xx hidden directories that other programs use for thumbnails etc, irrespective of the setting of the hidden files option in settings, so I'm getting massive duplication of files.

I think if people want to show or hide hidden files, they'll want to do the same for hidden directories in the sub-folder expansion.

John
oops66
XnThusiast

Re: Hidden file filter does not apply to subdirectory expans

Post by oops66 »

jrbray wrote:I love the subdirectory expansion feature, as it will be so useful for joining disparate directories in one slide show, but I notice it always finds the files in .xx hidden directories that other programs use for thumbnails etc, irrespective of the setting of the hidden files option in settings, so I'm getting massive duplication of files.
I think if people want to show or hide hidden files, they'll want to do the same for hidden directories in the sub-folder expansion.
John
Yes, it would be nice to have a customized option to enable or disable the Linux hidden folders or files .XXXX like for the Windows hidden files.
XnViewMP Linux X64 - Debian - X64