Restore Fullscreen View

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView Classic.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

Roccobot

Restore Fullscreen View

Post by Roccobot »

Hi everybody. I use XP SP3 and XNView is my favorite image viewer since several years.

Unfortunately, after the 1.95.1 update, I can't see images no more in 'real' fullscreen because the XP taskbar is always shown. Is there a way to make XNView use ALL the monitor as it always used to do? I store all my settings in the .INI file, but even trying to edit it I still can't manage to have the usual 'real' full screen view.

ImageImage

Hope somebody can help me, because I searched in the forum but I found only very old posts about other fullscreen issues.

Thanks in advance and thanks for XNView!
XnTriq
Moderator & Librarian

Post by XnTriq »

Windows XP Professional :bugconfirmed:
consistency ([url=http://newsgroup.xnview.com/viewtopic.php?p=67872#67872]multimonitor fullscreen bug[/url]) wrote:the only mini-problem i have now is, that if i fullscreen on the primary monitor (with the start menu / taskbar), the taskbar stays over the fullscreened image.

i had this problem also in the older versions, but there i first clicked on the taskbar and then on the fullscreened image and the image "jumped" over the taskbar and was really fullscreen. now the "click-trick" don't work any more.
Clo
XnThusiast

Dirty trick…

Post by Clo »

:arrow: Roccobot

:) Hello ! Welcome aboard !

• I use XP-Pro and don't face that annoyance… The only dirty trick is simply to set your Win taskbar as a foldaway item…
- Doing so, it collapses and disappears as long as you are not on the Desktop and move the mouse over its edge.

:mrgreen: Kind regards,
Claude
Clo
Old user ON SELECTIVE STRIKE till further notice
Roccobot

Post by Roccobot »

You're right O___0

I have a two monitors configuration and the issue is only for fullscreen view on the main one.

I really hate the auto-hiding Windows Taskbar, but anyway I was used to have a real fullscreen even my taskbar was sticky.

Isn't there any trick to bring the comfortable 'real' fullscreen back? ^_^'

EDIT: sorry, I didn't think that the multi-monitor config could be relevant.. but I tried on another PC and it works perfectly as usual! Now the only thing for me is managing to have it working with 2 monitors too.. ^_^'
Roccobot

Post by Roccobot »

Nope, I've tried almost everything but I can't manage to hide the taskbar during the fullscreen view..

Please if somebody discovers a workaround let me know! ^_^'

Thank you!
Dstruct

Post by Dstruct »

I don't have a workaround for you. I just can confirm the issue: http://newsgroup.xnview.com/viewtopic.php?t=16238 :(

FIXED (1.95.3)
Last edited by Dstruct on Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Roccobot

Post by Roccobot »

Ooops.. I didn't find that topic.. Sorry for repeating!

I'm leaving a message there to confirm the issue, thank you Dstruct.