B3 - froze up when caching video thumbnails.

Feedback and Comments on the new 1.96 Test version on Windows.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

reptilexcq

B3 - froze up when caching video thumbnails.

Post by reptilexcq »

I have tons of videos...about 4000 files and I have no problem generate thumbnails and store them in cache in version 1.95. But in version 1.96 beta 3, about 3/4 of the way, it stop generating thumbnails and froze up!!!!

So something is wrong with your cache storage.
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: B3 - froze up when caching video thumbnails.

Post by xnview »

If you disable thumbnail cache, you have no problem?
Pierre.
reptilexcq

Post by reptilexcq »

xnview wrote:If you disable thumbnail cache, you have no problem?
Correct. Even if you disable thumbnails cache, about 3/4 into the cache, it will says "a problem has occur that cause XnView to shut down."

Also can you solve this problem also: even in version 1.95. When you have cached the whole entire folder, it takes a while to load up the entire folder. Like whenever you start XnView, it will froze up for 1min to 2min while waiting for it to load the cached thumbnails. I think it should not froze up because the files are already caches and should load up INSTANTLY!
reptilexcq

Post by reptilexcq »

Also can add this feature:

1. Allow videos to play within thumbnails. In other words, you can press a play button and the video play RIGHT INSIDE the thumbnails, not having to open an external player.

2. Set any frame as thumbnail

Like this program is using, Antares10:
http://www.orbitaldis.com/

xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

reptilexcq wrote:
Correct. Even if you disable thumbnails cache, about 3/4 into the cache, it will says "a problem has occur that cause XnView to shut down."
Sorry, if you disable thumbnail cache you have the crash? Could you send me your email to send a test version?
Pierre.
reptilexcq

Post by reptilexcq »

xnview wrote:
reptilexcq wrote:
Sorry, if you disable thumbnail cache you have the crash? Could you send me your email to send a test version?
Yes. Email: <removed>

<Moderator's note: Mail address has been removed - please see Rules and Guidelines>
Dreamer
XnThusiast

Post by Dreamer »

I sent your mail to Pierre, with the link to this post, please read the forum rules for more. Use the PM to send the email address next time.
Dreamer
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

reptilexcq wrote:
xnview wrote:
reptilexcq wrote: Correct. Even if you disable thumbnails cache, about 3/4 into the cache, it will says "a problem has occur that cause XnView to shut down."
Ok, i send you a version...
Pierre.