Request - Dual pane file browser

Ideas for improvements and requests for new features in XnView MP

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

Dreamer
XnThusiast

Request - Dual pane file browser

Post by Dreamer »

Any chance / plan to add this feature in the MP version? It's very important feature for me. Perhaps it would be easier to implement it in the MP version?

The links to original requests:

Dual pane file browser [with visuals]...

Second Browser/File List Window

I think the similar feature is planned, but only to drag the files to a small pane and then use these files for batch rename, slide show, batch convert...

Why can't be this pane more complex? It might be used not just as the other pane, as in file managers, but also for favourites, categories, rating...

Just one option in settings, or/and in menu to toggle this pane and one (drop down menu) option to change the content of the second pane:

- Another standard pane
- Another pane for dual pane mode (as in file managers)
- Tagged files
- Favourites
- Category
- Rating
- Colour label
- Preview (of the current file selected in the left pane)
- Properties/Histogram/EXIF/IPTC/XMP (of the current file selected in the left pane)

Then just few basic options for "dual pane" (file manager) mode (if selected):

- Copy - F5
- Move - F6
- Toggle pane - Tab

The other options/shortcuts are already working the same way as in file managers (F2, F3, F4, F7, Insert and, of course, many other - standrard shortcuts)

What do you think?
Dreamer
helmut

Post by helmut »

Hey, please not another dual pane browser discussion. We have one discussion, already.
Dreamer
XnThusiast

Post by Dreamer »

helmut wrote:We have one discussion, already.
Actually we have two discussions (at least).

I have posted new suggestions to one of those topics.

This topic is more or less (just) a question if there are plans to add this feature (ever) in the MP version. In the Windows version it's probably hard/impossible to implement this feature.
Dreamer