[OK] RC2: Minor sugg. Show full name as tooltip...

Bugs and Issues in 1.82 Test versions which have been fixed and verified as resolved.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

OL

[OK] RC2: Minor sugg. Show full name as tooltip...

Post by OL »

Note: It's my topic (just my 1st post get lost, before, not now), it's the reason why I move this topic... Another reason is at bottom.

Dreamer

there shouldn't be any tooltip if Show Tooltips is disabled, in my opinion.
ckit
XnThusiast

Post by ckit »

He means merging two tooltips into one:

AMD Ryzen 3 3300X 3.8Ghz, 16Gb DDR4, RX6600XT with Dell U2520D at 2560x1440@60Hz
Windows 11 Pro x64 23H2, PowerToys and Wintoys
helmut

Post by helmut »

ckit wrote:He means merging two tooltips into one:

A while back I've complained about getting two tooltips. According to Pierre, the tooltip which appears for long filenames, only, is shown by Windows. Obviously there's nothing he can do about it.
Dreamer
XnThusiast

Post by Dreamer »

No, I mean this (and only if tooltips are disabled and of course only if the name cannot be shown fully, I don't want 2 tooltips):

BTW where is my first post ??
Dreamer
XnThusiast

Post by Dreamer »

No reply? Please see my post ("Pajero images") above. Thanks.
OL

Post by OL »

OL wrote:there shouldn't be any tooltip if Show Tooltips is disabled, in my opinion.
Why is my post at the top of the topic? there were others before.
Yes Dreamer I know that's what you meant, but in my opinion "No tooltips" means "No tooltips at all" and not "No tooltips except for filenames, when I'm too lazy to adjust column width" ;)

Or perhaps there could be an option a bit like this (taken from my audio player):

Danny

Post by Danny »

OL wrote:
OL wrote:there shouldn't be any tooltip if Show Tooltips is disabled, in my opinion.
Why is my post at the top of the topic? there were others before.
Yes Dreamer I know that's what you meant, but in my opinion "No tooltips" means "No tooltips at all" and not "No tooltips except for filenames, when I'm too lazy to adjust column width" ;)
Those aren't even tooltips. Tooltips explain something like the function of a button. I don't mind the "No tooltips except for filenames, when I'm too lazy to adjust column width"-solution.
OL

Post by OL »

I'm not against an option to show filename tooltips when filenames are clipped, my point was that if you choose *no* tooltips then there should be *no* tooltips, duh :p
Well that's not so important to me anyhow.
helmut

Post by helmut »

As written above, the native Windows controls used by Pierre automatically show tooltips if file names are truncated. According to Pierre there is no way to work around this. This is why there can be double tooltipps or tooltipps although they have been switched off.

(The tooltipp with image format and image details is Pierre's tooltip, the one with the full filename is MS Windows).
Dreamer
XnThusiast

Post by Dreamer »

helmut wrote:According to Pierre there is no way to work around this. This is why there can be double tooltipps or tooltipps although they have been switched off.
Sorry I misunderstood, so "my way" is not possible?

And what about these options:

- Never show any tooltips (as now with "Show tooltips" disabled)
- Always show full tooltips (as now with "Show tooltips" enabled)

and - Show "name" tooltips only if the name cannot be shown fully (as below)

If it's not possible, just say, it's not possible, thanks.
helmut

Post by helmut »

Dreamer wrote:If it's not possible, just say, it's not possible, thanks.
It's not possible.
OL

Post by OL »

helmut wrote:As written above, the native Windows controls used by Pierre automatically show tooltips if file names are truncated. According to Pierre there is no way to work around this. This is why there can be double tooltipps or tooltipps although they have been switched off.

(The tooltipp with image format and image details is Pierre's tooltip, the one with the full filename is MS Windows).
I may be misunderstanding you, but I've set Show Tooltips to off and *both* tooltips are off (which is okay for me)
Dreamer
XnThusiast

Post by Dreamer »

helmut wrote:
Dreamer wrote:If it's not possible, just say, it's not possible, thanks.
It's not possible.
OK so moved to "Solved Bugs, Requests, and Suggestions".