REQ: Media file preview

Ideas for improvements and requests for new features in XnView Classic

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

Danny

REQ: Media file preview

Post by Danny »

In reference to this old thread i first have to say: thanks a million for fixing the issues i brought up regarding the media preview (muting and volume control). But there are still two things i like to suggest:

1. It would be nice to have a setting to disable auto-playing of media files.
2. If you disable previewing media files, it would be great if there was still a freeze image of the video being shown without the movie controls in the preview area.

The 2nd point isn't really neccessary though once you've already created the 1st option.

Greets
Danny

P.S.: Thanks again for listening to given input.
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: REQ: Media file preview

Post by xnview »

Danny wrote:In reference to this old thread i first have to say: thanks a million for fixing the issues i brought up regarding the media preview (muting and volume control). But there are still two things i like to suggest:

2. If you disable previewing media files, it would be great if there was still a freeze image of the video being shown without the movie controls in the preview area.

The 2nd point isn't really neccessary though once you've already created the 1st option.
You have Options/Browser/Preview/Play movie
Pierre.
Danny

Post by Danny »

xnview wrote:
Danny wrote:In reference to this old thread i first have to say: thanks a million for fixing the issues i brought up regarding the media preview (muting and volume control). But there are still two things i like to suggest:

Yes, but that disables the preview completely. I just want it to not start the playback automatically. I attached a picture to clearify myself:
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

Danny wrote:
xnview wrote:

Yes, but that disables the preview completely. I just want it to not start the playback automatically. I attached a picture to clearify myself:
If play movie is not active, you must have a preview for it.
Pierre.
Danny

Post by Danny »

xnview wrote:If play movie is not active, you must have a preview for it.
I don't understand what you mean. :?:

I meant, if "autoplay" is off, then it would show a freeze image (the first frame for example) of the video. Like in the thumbnail view but in bigger size (to fit into the preview area). If with movie controls or without doesn't really matter to me.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

Danny wrote:

I meant, if "autoplay" is off, then it would show a freeze image (the first frame for example) of the video. Like in the thumbnail view but in bigger size (to fit into the preview area). If with movie controls or without doesn't really matter to me.
Yes, you have it already. If "Play movie" is not set, you have the first frame of movie.
Pierre.
Danny

Post by Danny »

xnview wrote:
Danny wrote:

Yes, you have it already. If "Play movie" is not set, you have the first frame of movie.
No. Not over here. If i disable "Play movie" in the browsers preview options i get no preview at all. :(
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

Danny wrote:No. Not over here. If i disable "Play movie" in the browsers preview options i get no preview at all. :(
On which type of movie? MPG? AVI? MOV?
Pierre.
Danny

Post by Danny »

xnview wrote:
Danny wrote:No. Not over here. If i disable "Play movie" in the browsers preview options i get no preview at all. :(
Any type of video. Do you want my .ini?

Can't someone else confirm this?
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

Danny wrote:
xnview wrote:
Any type of video. Do you want my .ini?

Can't someone else confirm this?
You must have preview for AVI & MPEG files
Pierre.
Dreamer
XnThusiast

Post by Dreamer »

Pierre,

I guess it's misunderstanding, I think you mean "thumbnail preview" and Danny means "preview in preview area".
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

Dreamer wrote:I guess it's misunderstanding, I think you mean "thumbnail preview" and Danny means "preview in preview area".
No, i means preview of movie in preview are. ;-)
Pierre.
Danny

Post by Danny »

xnview wrote:
Dreamer wrote:I guess it's misunderstanding, I think you mean "thumbnail preview" and Danny means "preview in preview area".
Ok. Then we are talking about the same thing. And as i said - i don't get any preview. Here's my ini just in case: xnview.ini
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

Danny wrote:
xnview wrote:
Ok. Then we are talking about the same thing. And as i said - i don't get any preview. Here's my ini just in case: xnview.ini
Ok, please try with RC2, i remember that i have changed something.
Pierre.
Danny

Post by Danny »

xnview wrote:Ok, please try with RC2, i remember that i have changed something.
I will. Thanks!