Request: XnMP's Toolbar Editor

Ideas for improvements and requests for new features in XnView MP

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

budz45
XnThusiast

Request: XnMP's Toolbar Editor

Post by budz45 »

hi again all,

It's very nice that the both the 'browser' and 'viewer' toolbars can be configured in the Options>Interface>Toolbar :wink:

1. What I would like to see in XnView MP is the easy ability to just right-click on a toolbar on the MP interface and have an item like 'customize toolbar' which would just take the user directly to the toolbar editor in Options>Interface>Toolbar . The right click item would appear when right-clicking on a toolbar and would look like this:
(image taken from xyplorer)
-If right-clicking on the the toolbar in 'Viewer' window and clicking on the item it would be able to directly link to Options>Interface>Toolbar 'view mode'

-If right-clicking on the the toolbar in 'Browser' window and clicking on the item it would do the same vice versa --> Options>Interface>Toolbar window 'browse mode'

2. It would be nice to have Drag n Drop support in the toolbar editor (if possible). I've seen it in another program (shelltoys) and find it much more effortless to use. A feature to consider for the toolbar editor in a future version: http://i44.tinypic.com/2mp0iz4.png - cfi shelltoys . So that we can drag n drop between each, drag n drop up/down just like we can do already with the manual buttons.

DIFFICULT, BUT MAYBE POSSIBLE ---> 3. It would be nice to see 'real-time preview' of the UI toolbar while arranging the icons up/down in the toolbar editor.

BUG SINCE FIXED :) ---> 4. Currently in the toolbar editor (MP win 0.25), when I click on any item the side scroll auto shifts to the right which does not seem correct. I think this is a bug but I was unsure about reporting it in the 'mp bugs' forum section. I snapped a picture to show; http://i44.tinypic.com/riezhg.png
Last edited by budz45 on Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
All My Topics || my 'MP' Topics
My own Bookmarked topics--->for me only
budz45
XnThusiast

Request 0.31: Toolbar right click options

Post by budz45 »

Hi,

It would be nice to have 2 further right-click options for whenever I right click on the toolbar in browser or view modes.
It would be nice to have and use these two:
=Remove from Toolbar
=Customize -------------> this would link & open the window Settings>Interface>Toolbar (viewer mode or browser mode - depending on which mode the toolbar is in)

Better improved? What do you think? :P
Last edited by budz45 on Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:21 am, edited 3 times in total.
JohnFredC
XnThusiast

Re: MP 0.31 req: Toolbar right click options

Post by JohnFredC »

Support++.

In-place editing of the toolbar (Add button here, Move button, Remove button, Edit button) would bring MP (and XnView 1.9x) into the modern world.
John
budz45
XnThusiast

Post by budz45 »

no no the current Toolbar editor is just fine and I believe that the core toolbar editing should remain where it currently is but just with the addition of these right-click options I request.

Also in another topic, this one; http://newsgroup.xnview.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=19702 - I brought up the idea of adding drag & drop support of toolbar items in the toolbar editor, I think that would curry your favour John
JohnFredC
XnThusiast

Post by JohnFredC »

budz45 wrote:the idea of adding drag & drop support of toolbar items in the toolbar editor, I think that would curry your favour John
Yup! 8)
John
XnTriq
Moderator & Librarian

Post by XnTriq »

To this day I find myself right-clicking XnView's main toolbar, expecting a context menu with a “Customize...” command as described by budz45. I guess that's mainly because of big software suites like MS Office or CorelDRAW, but also due to smaller applications built with component libraries like CodeJock's Xtreme Toolkit Pro (TotalEdit).
I'm used to rearranging the order of the buttons by dragging them around while holding down the Alt key. Dropping buttons outside of the toolbar's bounderies removes them from it.
XnTriq
Moderator & Librarian

Re: Just 4 comments/requests XnMP's Toolbar Editor

Post by XnTriq »

I support all four of these requests!
JohnFredC
XnThusiast

Post by JohnFredC »

Me too! 8)
John
budz45
XnThusiast

Post by budz45 »

Thanks guys, with the new strikeout feature that Pierre recently added to this forum, I have crossed out the 3rd and 4th requests. I also renamed this topic to accomodate just the two requests. The 3rd request is not worth it anymore.
budz45
XnThusiast

Re: Request: XnMP's Toolbar Editor

Post by budz45 »

Would be great to see this in next or near MP beta :D
budz45
XnThusiast

Post by budz45 »

XnTriq wrote:To this day I find myself right-clicking XnView's main toolbar, expecting a context menu with a “Customize...” command as described by budz45.
Exactly me too. I just did that now in MP when I was in Viewer and forgot that it doesn't exist.

To summarise, when in Viewer and right-click for a 'Customize toolbar' it would link to and open up settings>toolbar editor for 'viewer mode' same thing if in Browser and I/a user right-click for a 'Customize toolbar' it would link to and open up settings>toolbar editor for 'browser mode'.

One thing that is also missing is immediate changes do not take effect rather instead the requirement of a restart of the program to 'see' the changes. So immediate changes taking effect could be added too rather than it requiring a restart of the program.

Would be great to see this in next or near MP beta :D
helmut

Post by helmut »

+1

Good suggestions, budz45. :-)
budz45
XnThusiast

Post by budz45 »

'Customize toolbar' link is now added in XnView MP v0.38 :D

So all that is remaining left for this topic is:
  • Drag n drop support inside 'Toolbar editor' in "Settings" (already requested above ".2)")
This might take a lot of work to add support for, probably best left for an MP beta further into future