MP 0.26 Thumbnail creation order

Ideas for improvements and requests for new features in XnView MP

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

Evds

MP 0.26 Thumbnail creation order

Post by Evds »

Feature request

When i open a directory with a large quantity of images in XnView MP the program creates the thumbnails in a sequential order.
So, when i know that the images i'm looking for are somewhere at the end of the directory i can immediately scroll to the end but i have to wait until the program has made a thumbnail from all the previous files.

In XnView 1.9x the gui reacts very more intuitive by creating first a thumbnail for the images which are visible.
So when i open a directory and immediatly scroll down to the end of the directory the program will first make a thumbnail from the files at the end of the directory and after that continues with the rest.

Is it possible to implement the same logic in XnViewMP ?
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: MP 0.26 Thumbnail creation order

Post by xnview »

Please check XnViewMP 0.30
Pierre.
Evds

Post by Evds »

Thumbnail creation order is perfect in XnViewMP 0.31.

There is still a problem with the creation of the thumbnails itself.
Scrolling in the directory when the process is busy creating thumbnails seems to stop the creation sometimes.
Scrolling again can reactivate it..
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

Do you use Option/Thumbnails>Create for whole directory?
Pierre.
Evds

Post by Evds »

No, i switched that option off (create for whole directory).
There have to be more files than can fit on one screen and when i scroll up and down when the thumbnail creation is busy it stops suddenly (the progressbar in the statusbar is at the end and disappears) although there are still files in the middle of the screen for which there is no thumbnail created.

If that option is switched on: a thumbnail is created for every file but is in a sequential order (from the top to the bottom of the directory).

Windows XP SP3, XnViewMP 0.31
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

Evds wrote:No, i switched that option off (create for whole directory).
There have to be more files than can fit on one screen and when i scroll up and down when the thumbnail creation is busy it stops suddenly (the progressbar in the statusbar is at the end and disappears) although there are still files in the middle of the screen for which there is no thumbnail created.
And how do you scroll? Arrows on scrollbar? Keys?
If that option is switched on: a thumbnail is created for every file but is in a sequential order (from the top to the bottom of the directory).
And no problem, right?
Pierre.
Evds

Post by Evds »

Indeed, if "create for whole directory" is switched on i have no problems.

I have the problem when i scroll with the mouse scroll wheel or when i use the scrollbar.