Add the Browser into FullScreenMode (Left) - Option

Ideas for improvements and requests for new features in XnView MP

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

oops66
XnThusiast

Add the Browser into FullScreenMode (Left) - Option

Post by oops66 »

Hello,
Improvement to have the ability to show the Browser (Folders Window) into the fullScreenMode ( if mouse on the Left of the screen)
Like for the Thumb strip thumbnails (Top), Info Window (Right)
XnViewMP Linux X64 - Debian - X64
oops66
XnThusiast

Re: Add the Browser into FullScreenMode (Left) - Option

Post by oops66 »

Hello + Bump :D !
...By this way (and with the bellow zoom functionalities), I think than my default XnViewMP0.3x mode will be the Full Screen Mode instead the current one (Browser+thumbnails+preview mode).

zoom functionalities/behavior:
http://newsgroup.xnview.com/viewtopic.p ... 879#p87879
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

but here it's like browser mode, so why? :)
Pierre.
oops66
XnThusiast

Post by oops66 »

xnview wrote:but here it's like browser mode, so why? :)
Hello Pierre,
Because I would like to change my practice of XnView with XnViewMP, and rather than always staying into the browser+preview mode, I would like to always (mostly) stay into the full screen mode.

So Yes at your question, but for me, this is much more ergonomic and "user friendly" :...Because by this way, we also could have the ability to quickly switch from full screen to browser functionality (an on the fly behavior) just via a mouse move over an items/areas; ...and select an other directory to view some other images without to have to quit the full screen mode.
Exactly like the thumbnails strip of image (mouse over area on the top of the screen) or to show the meta-data information (mouse over area at the right of the screen) or to show the play bar (mouse over area at the bottom of the screen)
-g-

Post by -g- »

Somewhat related... on Windows XP, every time you go into fullscreen and move the mouse all the way to the right to display the info window it causes XnView MP to crash when you close the program or if you exit fullscreen mode and close the Image tab.

Can someone confirm this?.
oops66
XnThusiast

Post by oops66 »

-g- wrote:Somewhat related... on Windows XP, every time you go into fullscreen and move the mouse all the way to the right to display the info window it causes XnView MP to crash when you close the program or if you exit fullscreen mode and close the Image tab.

Hello,
I do not know because I am on Linux (Ubuntu 10.04) and these functionalities work like a charm, but for a test, I have also tried on virtual machine with Windows XP and XnViewMP0.35win 32bits and I have a same of kind of problem to display the info window (right side of the virtual screen), I do not have a crash but nothing is displayed.
FI: I do not have any problem with the thumbnails strip of image (top of the virtual screen) or to show the play bar (mouse move) within virtual WinXP
So maybe someone else can confirm or infirm on a native Windows XP ???

The only bug :bugconfirmed: I have with XnViewMP0.35 Linux-32 and also with Windows XP-32 virtual is:
If I use into the full screen mode, the hotkey "i" to show the transparent information area window on the top left of the screen, then if I move my mouse over this area (top left) then I can not display the thumbnails strip of image.
So Pierre, maybe you can leave 1 or several lines of pixels above this transparent info area to have the ability to display the thumbnails strip of image in any cases (mouse cursor on the top left of the screen) ?
-g-

Post by -g- »

oops66 wrote: I have a same of kind of problem to display the info window (right side of the virtual screen), I do not have a crash but nothing is displayed.
I was able to reproduce the crash on a Windows XP virtual machine but I had to manually disable Mouse Integration on the virtual machine in order for the Info window to show up. Can you try again with mouse integration disabled?.
oops66 wrote:If I use into the full screen mode, the hotkey "i" to show the transparent information area window on the top left of the screen, then if I move my mouse over this area (top left) then I can not display the thumbnails strip of image.
While not strictly a bug, I can confirm this.
oops66
XnThusiast

Post by oops66 »

-g- wrote:
oops66 wrote: I have a same of kind of problem to display the info window (right side of the virtual screen), I do not have a crash but nothing is displayed.
I was able to reproduce the crash on a Windows XP virtual machine but I had to manually disable Mouse Integration on the virtual machine in order for the Info window to show up. Can you try again with mouse integration disabled?...
Right, in this case that's work, the info are displayed, and I do not have any crash here (but still remains a problem in case of : without capturing the mouse on virtual machine - strange )
-g-

Post by -g- »

So maybe the bug is caused by something on my end. It is weird, though, that I was able to reproduce it on a VM. I'll check it on my brother's machine.
oops66
XnThusiast

Post by oops66 »

Maybe this problem only occurs with certain embedded jpg meta-datas (from your own camera...) ?, so maybe you should also try with an other set of images from an other camera, or without any meta-datas (EXIF, IPTC, XMP, etc...) , it's just a guess.
-g-

Post by -g- »

It seems to happen with every image, no matter the source or the metadata. Also, I've just tried it on my brother's machine and I was able to reproduce the crash.

Both machines have Windows XP SP2 and I'm able to reproduce the crash with these steps:
  • Open XnView MP in windowed mode by double clicking on the xnview.exe icon.
  • While in windowed mode, select or open an image.
  • Press F11 to enter fullscreen mode.
  • Move the mouse all the way to the right to display the Info window.
  • Optionally move the mouse left to hide the Info window.
  • Exit fullscreen mode by pressing Escape.
  • Now close the Image tab and XnView crashes.
Also, if you close XnView while still on fullscreen with Alt+F4, next you open it it will open in some sort of pseudo-fullscreen. It's fullscreen as the Windows taskbar is hidden an there's no title bar, but you can see the tabs and toolbars just like when it's windowed.
Vapavite

Post by Vapavite »

[French]
Somewhat related... on Windows XP, every time you go into fullscreen and move the mouse all the way to the right to display the info window it causes XnView MP to crash when you close the program or if you exit fullscreen mode and close the Image tab.

-G-a écrit:Plutôt associés ... sur Windows XP, chaque fois que vous allez en plein écran et déplacer la souris tout le chemin vers la droite pour afficher la fenêtre d'informations qu'elle provoque XnView MP à se bloquer lorsque vous fermez le programme ou si vous quittez le mode plein écran et fermer l'onglet Image.

Quelqu'un peut-il confirmer?
S’il s'agit bien de la "fenêtre information" qui remplacerait l'onglet "Info" de l'Explorateur qui se vide en mode fullscreen, rien ne s'affiche également chez moi :!:
oops66 a écrit:If I use into the full screen mode, the hotkey "i" to show the transparent information area window on the top left of the screen, then if I move my mouse over this area (top left) then I can not display the thumbnails strip of image.

While not strictly a bug, I can confirm this.
oops66 a écrit:Si j'utilise en mode plein écran, la touche "i" pour afficher la fenêtre des informations transparentes sur la zone en haut à gauche de l'écran, puis si je déplace ma souris sur cette zone (en haut à gauche), alors je ne peux pas afficher la bande de vignettes de l'image.

Bien que n'étant pas strictement d'un bug, je peux le confirmer.
XPsp2 (en double écran), je n'ai pas se problème :!:

Par contre chez moi :
-En mode plein écran la touche de raccourcis "i" ne fonctionne plus si l'on veut passer d'une image à l'autre en cliquant dans l'explorateur pour changer de fichier (j'utilise la molette pour passer d'une image à l'autre dans le plein écran).
-Si je passe régulièrement d'un dossier à un autre en restant en plein écran, j'ai des problèmes dans la barre des vignettes (au-dessus du plein écran) soit, elle est vide, soit le plus souvent, l'affichage des vignettes ne se met pas à jour et je "crash" très souvent (sans conséquences sur les fichiers) !
Il peut s'agir d'un problème de double écran car je peux passer d'un écran à un autre en conservant la barre des vignettes visible et c'est souvent à ces moments là que je "crash".
-Ceci est directement lié à ce post http://newsgroup.xnview.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=22180
Vapavite @+
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

-g- wrote: Both machines have Windows XP SP2 and I'm able to reproduce the crash with these steps:
  • Open XnView MP in windowed mode by double clicking on the xnview.exe icon.
  • While in windowed mode, select or open an image.
  • Press F11 to enter fullscreen mode.
  • Move the mouse all the way to the right to display the Info window.
  • Optionally move the mouse left to hide the Info window.
  • Exit fullscreen mode by pressing Escape.
  • Now close the Image tab and XnView crashes.
ok, i'm able to reproduce this one
Pierre.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

Please check XnViewMP 0.38
Pierre.