MP 0.35 Win: Fullscreen issues

*** Please report new bugs here! ***

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview, Dreamer

-g-

MP 0.35 Win: Fullscreen issues

Post by -g- »

I decided to create a thread here instead of continue the discussion in this thread.

In the linked thread I mentioned a crash that happens on my Windows XP SP2 machine whenever the Info window is displayed in fullscreen mode. Unfortunately it seems the crash can't be confirmed. I hope the issues I'm posting here can be confirmed.

Also in that thread I mentioned that if you close XnView MP while in fullscreen, weird things happen. Here's what I've noted:

1. If you select an image in the Browser tab and press F11, you will be taken to fullscreen mode. If you now press Alt+F4, you will be back in the Browser tab in windowed mode but the Info and Preview panels will be empty.

2. If you double click on an image in the Browser tab and then you press F11, you will be taken to fullscreen mode. If you now press Alt+F4, XnView will close but next time you open it, it will be in some sort of pseudo-fullscreen mode (tabs, menus and toolbars are visible but the Windows taskbar is hidden and there's no window title bar). Now, that's not all. If at this point you right click on a folder using the Windows explorer and select Browse with XnViewMP, it will result in a crash.

I hope someone can confirm these.
JohnFredC
XnThusiast

Re: MP 0.35 Win: Fullscreen issues

Post by JohnFredC »

#1 Confirmed

#2 Not confirmed
John
-g-

Post by -g- »

JohnFredC wrote:#2 Not confirmed
That's weird. I can reproduce it on my brother's machine as well as in a Windows XP SP2 VM. What OS are you using?.
JohnFredC
XnThusiast

Post by JohnFredC »

XP SP3
John
-g-

Post by -g- »

So maybe it is caused by something that was patched in SP3?. Now, in that case, the question is whether XnView MP will support SP2 (and thus needs to be fixed) or if it will only support SP3 (and no fix is needed).

It would be nice if someone with SP2 could try and reproduce these issues.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

Please check XnViewMP 0.38
Pierre.
JohnFredC
XnThusiast

Post by JohnFredC »

#1. Has been fixed in 0.38
John
-g-

Post by -g- »

Everything seems fine in 0.38 except for one minor issue.
  • If you select an image in the Browser tab and press F11, you will go into fullscreen mode. If you now press Alt+F4, XnView will return to windowed mode.
  • If you double click an image in the Browser tab and then press F11, you will go into fullscreen mode. If you now press Alt+F4, XnView will close.
If this behaviour difference is intentional then everything is OK.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

When you press F11 from browser, it's not a new tab or view that is opened, so if you press Alt+F4, you close the browser...
Pierre.