cgm files

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView Classic.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

kennedad

cgm files

Post by kennedad »

Anyone know how to open a cgm file? It's listed as openable on the Xnview site but I get "format cannot be determined" error message. The msg suggests enabling "display all image file types" in Options>General. I did - no luck.
Clo
XnThusiast

Re: cgm files

Post by Clo »

:arrow: kennedad

:) Hello ! Welcome aboard !

• From my old Tuto :
cgm---- CGM ----cgm---- Windows only, external third-party plugin needed (http://www.cadsofttools.com)
• Thus you need to install the appropriate plug-in…

:mrgreen: Kind Regards,
Claude
Clo
Old user ON SELECTIVE STRIKE till further notice
Drahken

Post by Drahken »

I never installed any plugins beyond what's available on xnview's downloads page, yet I can open .cgm files without error messages.
That being said though, the images don't render worth a darn. Some come out blank, some come out scrambled.
...So it seems that xnview does have some plugin that opens .cgm files, but not one that actually reads them correctly. (I always grab the minimal ver of xnview & the full plugins pack, zip file in both cases.)
Oh the feuhrer, oh the feuhrer, oh the feuhrer's nipples bonk!
kennedad

Post by kennedad »

Thank you so much for the quick response Clo :)

The good news is the CAD softplugin works perfectly except for one little detail. All images are black and white, the color is lost in translation. Waiting for CADsoft support to respond. I know the files are OK. MS Word imports them perfectly.

Thanks again

A
Clo
XnThusiast

Post by Clo »

:arrow: kennedad

:) Hello !

• Good to hear their answer… It'll be useful for Pierre (our Author) in order to fix the display of that format
according to the CADsoft's notices 8)

:mrgreen: KR
Claude
Clo
Old user ON SELECTIVE STRIKE till further notice
kennedad

Post by kennedad »

CADSoft found a bug in their cs_cgm.dll plugin. They VERY quickly fixed the bug, uploaded a new version (7.4) that works perfectly. Their responsiveness was impressive.

Regards

A