RC3: LMB+Wheel to zoom in/out in fullscreen mode

Ideas for improvements and requests for new features in XnView Classic

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

helmut

Post by helmut »

Dreamer wrote:Pierre,

If it's easy to implement, add it please, if someone don't want to use it, no problem...

Or maybe RMB+wheel ?
Changed my mind. Why not. Intelligent mouse handling can be very efficient. I remember Interleaf Publisher, which was confusing at first but then you just loved it. And it will not harm other people.
Perhaps for scrolling we can use RMB or LMB + Wheel. And as PincoPallo suggested, RMB and LMB (at the same time) for resetting.
Dreamer
XnThusiast

Post by Dreamer »

My final suggestions:

- Zoom in/out in viewer and fullscreen (lite&standard) - RMB+Wheel or LMB+Wheel
- Lock Zoom - RMB+MMB
- Reset size and position - RMB+LBM (same as Numpad '/' or '*' - as default view in options)

Especially Lock Zoom with RMB+MMB would be intuitive and very useful, since there is only Ctrl+'/' shortcut...
helmut

Post by helmut »

Dreamer wrote:My final suggestions:

- Lock Zoom - RMB+MMB
- Reset size and position - RMB+LBM (same as Numpad '/' or '*' - as default view in options)

Especially Lock Zoom with RMB+MMB would be intuitive and very useful, since there is only Ctrl+'/' shortcut...
Fully agree. Only for Lock Zoom I think the mouse buttons should be symmetric (like Zoom in/out): Both RMB + MMB and LMB + MMB should "Lock Zoom".
Dreamer
XnThusiast

Post by Dreamer »

helmut wrote:Fully agree. Only for Lock Zoom I think the mouse buttons should be symmetric (like Zoom in/out): Both RMB + MMB and LMB + MMB should "Lock Zoom".

I think LMB+... is not necessary at all, RMB+... is enough, I think - and easier to use. We could add some "less used" options there later.
Dreamer
XnThusiast

Post by Dreamer »

- Lock Zoom - RMB+MMB
Pierre, what you think? I think these options would be very useful.
Dreamer
XnThusiast

Post by Dreamer »

Dreamer wrote:

- Zoom in/out in viewer and fullscreen (lite&standard) - RMB+Wheel
- Lock Zoom - RMB+MMB
Pierre, what you think? I think these options would be very useful.
... and I think also easy to implement, so could you add them please?
UncleRalph

Post by UncleRalph »

Yes, please do it, I think will be very usefull to have these possibilities to manage all the manual slide show with one hand.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

Dreamer wrote:- Zoom in/out in viewer and fullscreen (lite&standard) - RMB+Wheel
Why, you have already Wheel to zoom in & out??
Pierre.
Dreamer
XnThusiast

Post by Dreamer »

xnview wrote:
Dreamer wrote:- Zoom in/out in viewer and fullscreen (lite&standard) - RMB+Wheel
But we all use it for "Previous/Next file" :wink:
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

Dreamer wrote:
xnview wrote:
But we all use it for "Previous/Next file" :wink:
Ok, i'll add it
Pierre.
Dreamer
XnThusiast

Post by Dreamer »

Thank you Pierre :) , all these options?
Dreamer wrote:- Zoom in/out in viewer and fullscreen (lite&standard) - RMB+Wheel or LMB+Wheel
- Lock Zoom - RMB+MMB
Olive

Post by Olive »

The problem with RMB+wheel is it will open the context menu when you don't move the mouse pointer, unless Pierre can code so using the wheel cancels the context menu, but that sounds more complicated than LMB+wheel, no?
Dreamer
XnThusiast

Post by Dreamer »

Olive wrote:The problem with RMB+wheel is it will open the context menu when you don't move the mouse pointer, unless Pierre can code so using the wheel cancels the context menu, but that sounds more complicated than LMB+wheel, no?
Yes, in RC4 "the context menu" problem is here. But I don't think LMB+x is better, because it is not as easy to use... Maybe if you can't fix the problem above, you could add (not replace) LMB+x options.

Also for "- Reset size and position - RMB+LBM" could you use the same option as "Auto Image Size" instead of "100%" ?

Or even better - for "RMB+LMB" use:
- after 1st click - "Fit image to window, all ... / "
- after 2nd click - "Original size - 100% ... * "
- after 3rd click - "Fit image to window, all ... / "

With this option there would be no need to use Numpad keys at all.
Olive

Post by Olive »

Yes please fix the context menu or use LMB+wheel instead. It's hardly usable now :(
Danny

Post by Danny »

Olive wrote:Yes please fix the context menu or use LMB+wheel instead. It's hardly usable now :(
I agree. LMB + wheel works (and feels) much better for (to) me, too. It sucks that once you let go off the RMB the context menu pops up.

Also, a lot of people use only 2 fingers to control their mouse. The forefinger being used for the LMB and the middle finger being used for both the mouse wheel and the RMB. AFAIK only few people use their middle finger exclusively for the mousewheel and their ring finger for the RMB. I do actually, but i had to train myself doing it.