RC1: Fullscreen bugs

Bugs and Issues in 1.82 Test versions which have been fixed and verified as resolved.

Moderators: XnTriq, xnview

Locked
danilloOc

RC1: Fullscreen bugs

Post by danilloOc »

1 - XnView is not saving the layout configurations and reset the panels sizes when i launch it, panels like the view panel don't hold the size.

2 - the zoom keys + and - aren't working on fullscreen mode, in fact the Fullscreen itens on the settings panel aren't working too, they are ignored and you have to set the default zoon and etc with right click drop down menu on fullscreen, but if you restart XnView the settings gone and you have to set everything again.

3 - Getting scrollbars on fullscreen mode when the image is bigger that my screen (i like better when we could hide it)

4 - Also on fullscreen mode, i'm having a transparent boarder that show my desktop (it's very anoying).

Here a screenshot of some of this issues: http://img247.echo.cx/img247/9991/xnvie ... bug8qw.jpg

Holpe it can help you guys and that you for the great program
Dreamer
XnThusiast
Posts: 4605
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2004 9:08 pm
Location: Slovakia

Post by Dreamer »

Yes, I guess it causes slide.exe plugin.

I can confirm #2, #3 and #4.

Image is started in this mode if I double click to preview, (not at xnview start as I expected)

Also there are some problems with a mouse buttons...
User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 34374
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France
Contact:

Re: RC1: Fullscreen bugs

Post by xnview »

danilloOc wrote:1 - XnView is not saving the layout configurations and reset the panels sizes when i launch it, panels like the view panel don't hold the size.
Which layout do you use, i can't reproduce it.
2 - the zoom keys + and - aren't working on fullscreen mode, in fact the Fullscreen itens on the settings panel aren't working too, they are ignored and you have to set the default zoon and etc with right click drop down menu on fullscreen, but if you restart XnView the settings gone and you have to set everything again.

3 - Getting scrollbars on fullscreen mode when the image is bigger that my screen (i like better when we could hide it)

4 - Also on fullscreen mode, i'm having a transparent boarder that show my desktop (it's very anoying).
Fixed.
Pierre.
ckit
XnThusiast
Posts: 2446
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2004 1:11 am
Contact:

Post by ckit »

I have the same problem with the 4th layout (full folder list, half files and the other half image preview)
XnViewMP 64bits and Windows 10 Pro x64 2004
PhotoFiltre Studio X
User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 34374
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France
Contact:

Post by xnview »

ckit wrote:I have the same problem with the 4th layout (full folder list, half files and the other half image preview)
Which same problem?
Pierre.
Dreamer
XnThusiast
Posts: 4605
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2004 9:08 pm
Location: Slovakia

Re: RC1: Fullscreen bugs

Post by Dreamer »

xnview wrote:
danilloOc wrote:2 - the zoom keys + and - aren't working on fullscreen mode, in fact the Fullscreen itens on the settings panel aren't working too, they are ignored and you have to set the default zoon and etc with right click drop down menu on fullscreen, but if you restart XnView the settings gone and you have to set everything again.

3 - Getting scrollbars on fullscreen mode when the image is bigger that my screen (i like better when we could hide it)

4 - Also on fullscreen mode, i'm having a transparent boarder that show my desktop (it's very anoying).
Fixed.
Great, but why this "special fullscreen mode" is started when I double click on preview and not when I double click on image in explorer as I expect - it is for faster start, I think...

I expect that when I double click on preview it does the same as when I double click on image in the browser (as in beta version).

Little bit confusing :?
User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 34374
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France
Contact:

Re: RC1: Fullscreen bugs

Post by xnview »

Dreamer wrote:Great, but why this "special fullscreen mode" is started when I double click on preview and not when I double click on image in explorer as I expect - it is for faster start, I think...

I expect that when I double click on preview it does the same as when I double click on image in the browser (as in beta version).

Little bit confusing :?
When you double click on preview (in browser) or when you double on a thumbnail, you start the same fullscreen mode.
Pierre.
Dreamer
XnThusiast
Posts: 4605
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2004 9:08 pm
Location: Slovakia

Re: RC1: Fullscreen bugs

Post by Dreamer »

xnview wrote:When you double click on preview (in browser) or when you double on a thumbnail, you start the same fullscreen mode.
No, when I double click on a thumbnail, I get viewer, but when I double click on preview, I get "Lite" fullscreen mode (Dbl click or enter to view in fullscreen is disabled)

Also when I double click on image in viewer I get "normal" fullscreen mode. I think it is confusing...

I'd prefer "Use special lite fullscreen mode only at xnview start" or at least such option.

Maybe also an option "Never use special lite fullscreen mode"

I miss Zoom lock, Slideshow, Rename, Delete, Home/End key and more in "Lite" fullscreen mode and I must leave this mode, go to viewer and press F11 if I want a standard fullscreen mode.
danilloOc
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue May 17, 2005 8:27 pm
Location: Brazil

Re: RC1: Fullscreen bugs

Post by danilloOc »

xnview wrote:
danilloOc wrote:1 - XnView is not saving the layout configurations and reset the panels sizes when i launch it, panels like the view panel don't hold the size.
Which layout do you use, i can't reproduce it.
2 - the zoom keys + and - aren't working on fullscreen mode, in fact the Fullscreen itens on the settings panel aren't working too, they are ignored and you have to set the default zoon and etc with right click drop down menu on fullscreen, but if you restart XnView the settings gone and you have to set everything again.

3 - Getting scrollbars on fullscreen mode when the image is bigger that my screen (i like better when we could hide it)

4 - Also on fullscreen mode, i'm having a transparent boarder that show my desktop (it's very anoying).
Fixed.
fixed? Cool. when we can have the fixed version?
danillooc.wincustomize.com
danillooc.deviantart.com
User avatar
helmut
Posts: 8219
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2003 6:47 pm
Location: Frankfurt, Germany

Re: RC1: Fullscreen bugs

Post by helmut »

danilloOc wrote:fixed? Cool. when we can have the fixed version?
Next release candidate (RC2) might be available on Wednesday or Thursday.
danilloOc
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue May 17, 2005 8:27 pm
Location: Brazil

Post by danilloOc »

Great, thank you helmut
danillooc.wincustomize.com
danillooc.deviantart.com
User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 34374
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France
Contact:

Re: RC1: Fullscreen bugs

Post by xnview »

Dreamer wrote:I miss Zoom lock, Slideshow, Rename, Delete, Home/End key and more in "Lite" fullscreen mode and I must leave this mode, go to viewer and press F11 if I want a standard fullscreen mode.
What is needed in fullscreen from browser? I've made this mode because when using old mode, the picture is loaded in a view before to display it in fullscreen. Here it's the preview from browser that is put in fullscreen.
Pierre.
Dreamer
XnThusiast
Posts: 4605
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2004 9:08 pm
Location: Slovakia

Re: RC1: Fullscreen bugs

Post by Dreamer »

xnview wrote:
Dreamer wrote:I miss Zoom lock, Slideshow, Rename, Delete, Home/End key and more in "Lite" fullscreen mode and I must leave this mode, go to viewer and press F11 if I want a standard fullscreen mode.
What is needed in fullscreen from browser? I've made this mode because when using old mode, the picture is loaded in a view before to display it in fullscreen. Here it's the preview from browser that is put in fullscreen.
See my new topic - RC1: Lite Fullscreen Mode, please
User avatar
helmut
Posts: 8219
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2003 6:47 pm
Location: Frankfurt, Germany

Post by helmut »

Think this is fixed or discussed in context of new fullscreen mode. Closed.
Locked