OS: Windows 7 Pro, x64
When searching using the catalog, there is no indication of progress
User wonders if program has crashed, has no idea how long it will take.
- Find a folder with a significant number of subfolders and files (we need a long search to demonstrate the issue)
- Make sure files have been catalogued
- select folder and choose menu Tools->search
- Set up:
- filename: blank
- Regexp: off
- Match "Any" (or "All" - Does not matter with single condition)
- case sensitive: on
- Use catalog: on
- Recurse: on
- Add a single condition, such as XMP:Description is: "xyz" . Just give something that fails to match anything
- Press "Search"
The "Current Pathname:" line at the top of the status window just shows "DB" for the duration of the entire search.
Under some situations (cannot be reproduced) it was showing nothing - this was with both dark theme and the default theme.
The "Current Pathname:" line at the top of the status window should show the current folder being examined.