Categories aren't updated

Reported bugs that have been closed and/or resolved

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview, Dreamer

Evds

Categories aren't updated

Post by Evds »

When I switch to a folder in Xnview MP the images in that folder are cataloged and the keywords are added to the categories list.

But, when I close Xnview MP and change the metadata of an image in that folder with another program and then start Xnview MP again and switch to that folder the categories list isn't updated although the keywords of that image are changed.

Is it possible to add the behavior that Xnview MP automatically updates the catalog if I switch to a folder and the size or timestamp of an already cataloged image in that folder has changed ?
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: Categories aren't updated

Post by xnview »

which software do you use to change? Perhaps file date is kept, and XnView MP can't detect changes
Pierre.
Evds

Post by Evds »

I used ACDSee to add a keyword but I also tried it with Xnview with the same result.
The file date was changed.

After adding a keyword to the image (with ACDSee or Xnview) I reopened the image with Xnview MP.
In the info panel the new keyword is visible in the IPTC-IIM tab and in the XMP tab but not in the data pane/Categories list.
After selecting the menu option "view/update catalog from files" the new keyword is added to the data pane/Categories list.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

do you have the settings to import keywords from XMP/IPTC?
Pierre.
Evds

Post by Evds »

Yes, keywords of new images in the same folder are automatically added to the categories list.
Are you able to reproduce it ?
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

Evds wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:19 pm Yes, keywords of new images in the same folder are automatically added to the categories list.
no, how do you add the keyword?
Pierre.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

Evds wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:19 pm Yes, keywords of new images in the same folder are automatically added to the categories list.
Ok, i can reproduce if you add IPTC keywords with XnView Classic, XnView MP doesn't update it. Issue.
Pierre.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

This problem is supposed to be fixed in XnView MP 0.94.2. Please check and confirm the bug fix here.
Pierre.
Evds

Post by Evds »

xnview wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:11 am This problem is supposed to be fixed in XnView MP 0.94.2. Please check and confirm the bug fix here.
Problem is fixed in XnView MP 0.94.2. Thanks !