[Fixed] Hidden settings bugs

Bugs and Suggestions in XnView Classic which have been resolved

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

ckv

[Fixed] Hidden settings bugs

Post by ckv »

I have been testing Hidden settings (Settings in Hidden section) in XnView and found whole bunch of bugs, which is quite understandable. Settings to hide / disable stuff in XnView are not on very high priority when developing XnView and most of the settings simply wasn't updated when changes were made in XnView.

Most of the bugs are minor or UI related so I decided to post them all in single topic instead of creating separate topics for each setting. I hope this is OK.

Edit: Now I don't mean every single bug necessarily has to be fixed. The point here is to inform what bugs exist in Hidden settings so Pierre can fix all those bugs that are worth to fix.

Acquire
  • When MRU files are shown in submenu:
    In browser this setting also hides Exit from the File menu and one extra separator is shown in the File menu.

When MRU files are NOT shown in submenu:
    In basic mode (close all tabs) this setting also hides Import Clipboard from the File menu and one extra separator is shown in the File menu in both basic and browser mode.
BatchRename
  • In browser Batch Rename is still accessible via toolbar button cmd_BatchRename and separator from end of the cmd_FileOperation toolbar button drop menu is not hidden.
MenuBar
  • In basic mode (close all tabs) wrong toolbar is shown.
MyDocumentsTree & NetworkTree
  • When Desktop is shown in folder tree, selecting desktop pops MyDocuments and Network back to the folder tree.
OpenHex
  • In view mode View in Hex mode is not hidden from the tools menu and toolbar button cmd_ViewHex is not disabled, though it doesn't work.
OpenWith
  • In view mode Open With is not hidden from the image context menu, toolbar buttons cmd_ShellOpen and cmd_ShellEdit are not disabled and open with keyboard shortcuts (F3, F4, Alt + 1, Alt + 2...) are not disabled.
Options
  • Options dialog is still accessible through Configure button in Adobe Photoshop plug-in dialog (Ctrl + G in view mode)
OptionsInstall
  • XnView sometimes crashes when trying to access hidden page in Options dialog through Configure button in Adobe Photoshop plug-in dialog (Ctrl + G in view mode)
Search
  • In view mode this setting also hides View in Hex mode from the tools menu.
Shell
  • This setting only disables toolbar buttons, but doesn't disable menu items or keyboard shortcuts (F3 and F4)
Wallpaper
  • In browser Set as Wallpaper is not hidden from the file context menu and set as wallpaper keyboard shortcuts are not disabled.
Web
  • In basic mode this setting also hides XnView Media Detector from the Info menu and in browser and view mode it hides Command line help from the Info menu.
I personally think that at least MenuBar, MyDocumentsTree & NetworkTree, Options (if someone wants hide option there probably is good reason for it.), OptionsInstall (Less crashes is always better) and Wallpaper (same thing with Options) setting bugs should be fixed.
Last edited by ckv on Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: Hidden settings bugs

Post by xnview »

Thanks!
ckv wrote: MenuBar
I have not this problem, no menu in basic mode
  • When Desktop is shown in folder tree, selecting desktop pops MyDocuments and Network back to the folder tree.
Sorry but i don't understand, if you have desktop, you must have MyDoc & Network tree too...
Pierre.
ckv

Re: Hidden settings bugs

Post by ckv »

xnview wrote:Thanks!
ckv wrote: MenuBar
I have not this problem, no menu in basic mode
Yes in basic mode it hides the menu too, there's no problem with that, but the toolbar shown is wrong. :) When I hide the menubar and go in basic mode i get the toolbar from view mode.
xnview wrote:
Sorry but i don't understand, if you have desktop, you must have MyDoc & Network tree too...
Currently when Desktop is shown and MyDoc or Network tree is hidden, those trees are are intially hidden when starting Browser, but if I click Desktop in the folder tree the hidden trees appear in the tree.

When hiding those trees, I think MyDoc & Network trees should stay hidden regardless of whether Desktop is shown in the folder tree.
ckv

Post by ckv »

Wow, Pierre. All bugs seem to be taken care of in XnView 1.96 beta3. :D