Date/time format in Change timestamp function

Bugs and Suggestions in XnView Classic which have been resolved

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

lccostajr

Date/time format in Change timestamp function

Post by lccostajr »

First of all, I would like to say that the redesign of the "Change timestamp" screen was perfect!

But I have a small suggestion/request for this function. Is it possible to include the seconds for the all date/time of the pictures before and after the changes.

The required format would be: "dd/mm/YYYY HH:MM:SS" (using XnView's batch rename notation).

Particularly, this function is perfect to synchronize pictures of different cameras (as far as I known, there is no better way to do it, is it?).
B.Douille

Re: Date/time format in Change timestamp function

Post by B.Douille »

lccostajr wrote:Is it possible to include the seconds for the all date/time of the pictures before and after the changes.
This is just one topic I wanted to add for months. Obviously I missed it when I proposed this change.

lccostajr: Yes this is a great feature of Xnview. As you say, especially for an event where you have more than one camera. It's the only way I know to resync the pictures (if you are lucky to have a clock or a watch taken in each series :wink: Thnks Pierre
Dreamer
XnThusiast

Post by Dreamer »

Yes, it would be very useful!
Dreamer
lccostajr

Post by lccostajr »

Hi,

I also would like to add another minor change in this screen.

When one select to change the timestamp using some file date as a reference, he can specify how many days, hours, minutes and seconds he would like to shift.

But for the hour field, if you want to shift 1 hour or 13 hours, 2 or 14 hours, the field always look the same (1 hour, 2 hours, and so on) and this appear to be a little bit confusing.

It would be better if the field "hour" always appear in the interval 0-23 instead of 1-12.
helmut

Post by helmut »

lccostajr wrote:It would be better if the field "hour" always appear in the interval 0-23 instead of 1-12.
+1 (I think this is a bug).
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

Please try XnView 1.96 beta
Pierre.
Dreamer
XnThusiast

Post by Dreamer »

Thanks, Pierre. :)