0.78: does not read shutter speed and aperture from DNG

Bugs that are confirmed but cannot be fixed for some reasons.

Moderators: XnTriq, xnview, Dreamer

Alt Bass
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 2:55 pm

0.78: does not read shutter speed and aperture from DNG

Postby Alt Bass » Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:21 pm

Code: Select all

 {EXIF:Shutter Speed} {EXIF:Aperture}
gives empty output when inserted to "Information displayed".

Reproducible with K52FAR2I00100.dng from this page and any of my own files too.

User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 28394
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France
Contact:

Re: 0.78: does not read shutter speed and aperture from DNG

Postby xnview » Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:41 pm

the field doesn't exist in EXIF metadata, it seems that exiftool recompute it
Pierre.

Alt Bass
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 2:55 pm

Re: 0.78: does not read shutter speed and aperture from DNG

Postby Alt Bass » Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:34 pm

Is there a way of improving it? The information certainly is there, and other programs are reading it correctly.

User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 28394
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France
Contact:

Re: 0.78: does not read shutter speed and aperture from DNG

Postby xnview » Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:42 am

Alt Bass wrote:Is there a way of improving it? The information certainly is there, and other programs are reading it correctly.

i need to compute it based on other info, i'll search
Pierre.

User avatar
helmut
Posts: 8120
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2003 6:47 pm
Location: Frankfurt, Germany

Re: 0.78: does not read shutter speed and aperture from DNG

Postby helmut » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:00 pm

I just tried in XnView MP 0.84 (good that the image and many others are still available for download):

The two fields

Code: Select all

 {EXIF:Shutter Speed} {EXIF:Aperture}
are still empty.

When using the fields

Code: Select all

{EXIF:Exposure Time} {EXIF:F-Number}
the value 1/400 and 8.0 are displayed. But these aren't the correct fields, right? (I'm not very familiar with EXIF data).

Alt Bass
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 2:55 pm

Re: 0.78: does not read shutter speed and aperture from DNG

Postby Alt Bass » Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:58 am

helmut wrote:I just tried in XnView MP 0.84 (good that the image and many others are still available for download):

The two fields

Code: Select all

 {EXIF:Shutter Speed} {EXIF:Aperture}
are still empty.

When using the fields

Code: Select all

{EXIF:Exposure Time} {EXIF:F-Number}
the value 1/400 and 8.0 are displayed. But these aren't the correct fields, right? (I'm not very familiar with EXIF data).


EXIF 2.3 specification (DC-008-2012_E.pdf) lists all four values.

Thank for mentioning it, I now have a workaround.

User avatar
helmut
Posts: 8120
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2003 6:47 pm
Location: Frankfurt, Germany

Re: 0.78: does not read shutter speed and aperture from DNG

Postby helmut » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:04 am

Alt Bass wrote:.. EXIF 2.3 specification (DC-008-2012_E.pdf) lists all four values.

Thank for mentioning it, I now have a workaround.
Thank you for trying out and reporting here, Alt Bass. If these values are part of the EXIF specification, XnView should also support them. So this bug section is the right place.

:arrow: Reproduced

User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 28394
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France
Contact:

Re: 0.78: does not read shutter speed and aperture from DNG

Postby xnview » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:46 pm

helmut wrote:
Alt Bass wrote:.. EXIF 2.3 specification (DC-008-2012_E.pdf) lists all four values.

Thank for mentioning it, I now have a workaround.
Thank you for trying out and reporting here, Alt Bass. If these values are part of the EXIF specification, XnView should also support them. So this bug section is the right place.

Shutter Speed/Aperture are not in EXIF fields
Pierre.


Return to “Postponed”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest