RAW-files (.CR3) from new Canon 90D not working

Reported bugs that have been closed and/or resolved

Moderators: XnTriq, xnview, Dreamer

Cumulus
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:22 am

Re: RAW-files (.CR3) from new Canon 90D not working

Post by Cumulus » Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:19 am

What i miss with .CR3 files is the right orientation according EXIF, what works fine with .CR2. Is there a solution without turning manually?

Greetings Werner

cousinhub38
Posts: 96
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:20 pm
Contact:

Re: RAW-files (.CR3) from new Canon 90D not working

Post by cousinhub38 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:57 pm

xnview classic 2.49.2

Complement for CR3 files (from EOS-RP) :
- Image full-size jpg is good, but the thumbnail CR3 is black
- Parametres/Aperçu/Camera RAW/miniature intégrée
- no problem with xnview MP

User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 33668
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France
Contact:

Re: RAW-files (.CR3) from new Canon 90D not working

Post by xnview » Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:53 pm

cousinhub38 wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:57 pm
- no problem with xnview MP
could you send me a sample file?
Pierre.

cousinhub38
Posts: 96
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:20 pm
Contact:

Re: RAW-files (.CR3) from new Canon 90D not working

Post by cousinhub38 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:53 pm

Voici un exemple de CR3, la miniature est noire avec xnview classic, mais bonne avec MP.
Envoi par wetransfer :
https://we.tl/t-baJuBUAvV3

User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 33668
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France
Contact:

Re: RAW-files (.CR3) from new Canon 90D not working

Post by xnview » Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:57 am

C'est la meme chose avec XnView Classic ou MP, il faut utilisé 'embedded preview', le chargement pleine résolution a actuellement un probleme
Pierre.

Les
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:24 pm

Re: RAW-files (.CR3) from new Canon 90D not working

Post by Les » Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:31 pm

Was looking for an alternative to Faststone that works across two monitors with different resolutions and XnView seemed perfect except for the problem with CR3 files not rotating - this happens with CR3 files from EOS R & RP; both thumbnail & fullscreen preview don't rotate for vertical aspect shots.

Currently for me it's a deal-breaker but if/when this is fixed, XnView would be my viewer of choice...

User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 33668
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France
Contact:

Re: RAW-files (.CR3) from new Canon 90D not working

Post by xnview » Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:54 pm

Les wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:31 pm
Was looking for an alternative to Faststone that works across two monitors with different resolutions and XnView seemed perfect except for the problem with CR3 files not rotating - this happens with CR3 files from EOS R & RP; both thumbnail & fullscreen preview don't rotate for vertical aspect shots.
no problem with Fastone?
Pierre.

Les
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:24 pm

Re: RAW-files (.CR3) from new Canon 90D not working

Post by Les » Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:10 am

xnview wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:54 pm
Les wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:31 pm
Was looking for an alternative to Faststone that works across two monitors with different resolutions and XnView seemed perfect except for the problem with CR3 files not rotating - this happens with CR3 files from EOS R & RP; both thumbnail & fullscreen preview don't rotate for vertical aspect shots.
no problem with Fastone?
No; CR3 files rotate fine with Faststone...

User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 33668
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France
Contact:

Re: RAW-files (.CR3) from new Canon 90D not working

Post by xnview » Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:29 pm

Les wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:10 am
xnview wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:54 pm
Les wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:31 pm
Was looking for an alternative to Faststone that works across two monitors with different resolutions and XnView seemed perfect except for the problem with CR3 files not rotating - this happens with CR3 files from EOS R & RP; both thumbnail & fullscreen preview don't rotate for vertical aspect shots.
no problem with Fastone?
No; CR3 files rotate fine with Faststone...
could you send me a sample file?
Pierre.

Les
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:24 pm

Re: RAW-files (.CR3) from new Canon 90D not working

Post by Les » Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:44 pm

xnview wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:29 pm
Les wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:10 am
xnview wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:54 pm

no problem with Fastone?
No; CR3 files rotate fine with Faststone...
could you send me a sample file?
Hi Pierre, I've sent you two CR3 files via Dropbox; one from EOS R & one from EOS RP. Hope this helps :)

Les

User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 33668
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France
Contact:

Re: RAW-files (.CR3) from new Canon 90D not working

Post by xnview » Sun Jul 19, 2020 2:03 pm

:bugconfirmed: Thanks to your detailed description I can reproduce the problem.
Pierre.

User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 33668
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France
Contact:

Re: RAW-files (.CR3) from new Canon 90D not working

Post by xnview » Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:37 pm

This problem is supposed to be fixed in XnView MP 0.96.5. Please check and confirm the bug fix here.
Pierre.

Phoebe
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:07 pm

Re: RAW-files (.CR3) from new Canon 90D not working

Post by Phoebe » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:11 pm

Les vignettes des CR3 de mon 250D sont noires.
L'aperçu est visible mais la rotation n'est pas automatique.
La rotation n'est pas non plus automatique dans l'affichage de l'image
Attachments
2020-08-18 23_11_38-RAW-files (.CR3) from new Canon 90D not working - Page 2 - XnView Software - [ht.png
2020-08-18 23_10_31-D__Photos_Dijon_ - XnView MP.png

User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 33668
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France
Contact:

Re: RAW-files (.CR3) from new Canon 90D not working

Post by xnview » Wed Aug 19, 2020 7:20 am

Phoebe wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:11 pm
Les vignettes des CR3 de mon 250D sont noires.
L'aperçu est visible mais la rotation n'est pas automatique.
La rotation n'est pas non plus automatique dans l'affichage de l'image
il faut activer 'vignette integrée' pour le RAW
Pierre.

Phoebe
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:07 pm

Re: RAW-files (.CR3) from new Canon 90D not working

Post by Phoebe » Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:33 am

A moins qu'il y ait une option ailleurs, la case est déjà cochée.
Attachments
2020-08-19 11_30_00-Paramètres.png

Post Reply