1.90 for Linux? When? 1.70 is outdated and unusable!

Questions, suggestions, and answers for XnView on all Un*x platforms (Linux, HP-UX, AIX, ...)

Moderators: XnTriq, xnview

VuDu
Posts: 179
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2004 8:27 pm
Location: Estarreja, Portugal

Post by VuDu »

Great news!!
first screenshots... :D :D :D :D
drooling for the first beta :D
Image
Ad decus et ad libertatem nati sumus
Aut haec teneamus aut cum dignitate moriamur
cabaflo
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:19 pm
Contact:

XnView in french ??

Post by cabaflo »

The new version of xnview for linux will exist in french ?

Sorry for my bad english.

Message in french : la nouvelle version de xnview pour linux existera-t-elle en version française ?

Thank you,

Floréal.
User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 33840
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France
Contact:

Re: XnView in french ??

Post by xnview »

cabaflo wrote:The new version of xnview for linux will exist in french ?
Yes, i'll try to have all languages from xnview windows
Pierre.
Qiwichupa
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:43 pm

Post by Qiwichupa »

Will you build packages for debian and K/Ubuntu (.deb packages), or only .rpm as now?
User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 33840
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France
Contact:

Post by xnview »

Qiwichupa wrote:Will you build packages for debian and K/Ubuntu (.deb packages), or only .rpm as now?
deb & rpm
Pierre.
barthp
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:04 am

Post by barthp »

Hi, good news. I am impatient to see this version. I use XNVIEW with Wine with some minor problems.

Do you have any new delay for a beta version?

barthp
mk53
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:18 pm
Location: Bayern / Bavaria
Contact:

Post by mk53 »

Ey guys this is mainly for mac os :D
Look at the screenshots. One is for Linux and the other two (the real nice ones) are for my Mac.
Stumpy
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:18 am

Post by Stumpy »

Can't wait to try this out!
User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 33840
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France
Contact:

Post by xnview »

Stumpy wrote:Can't wait to try this out!
Yes yes, but this month i wasn't able to work on the version, sorry...
Pierre.
vlada
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 1:44 pm

Post by vlada »

xnview wrote:
Cambuci-RJ wrote:Are you using qt in this new version? Sorry my bad english.
Yes
I'm just interested, will it mean that future versions of XnView might become GPL (opensource)? Because AFAIK unless you buy the very expensive Qt commercial license, you can't use it in a closed source program.

I'm just interested. You can release XnView under whatever license you want. It's you program (and a lot of hard work) and your decision.

Btw. I made my company to buy 10 licenses for XnView. I'm glad I could support you this way.
User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 33840
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France
Contact:

Post by xnview »

vlada wrote:
xnview wrote:
Cambuci-RJ wrote:Are you using qt in this new version? Sorry my bad english.
Yes
I'm just interested, will it mean that future versions of XnView might become GPL (opensource)? Because AFAIK unless you buy the very expensive Qt commercial license, you can't use it in a closed source program.

I'm just interested. You can release XnView under whatever license you want. It's you program (and a lot of hard work) and your decision.

Btw. I made my company to buy 10 licenses for XnView. I'm glad I could support you this way.
No, i have purchased one license of QT (for one developer, the license is low).
Pierre.
isleofjib
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:39 pm

Post by isleofjib »

contact me if you are looking for someone to help beta test this for you. anything to get back to using this on the mac.
bwh1969
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:09 am

Rebuild needed

Post by bwh1969 »

With no references to non free fonts (helvetica - bad idea).

I am currently running XnView under wine. Kind of quirky, but it runs fairly well and it is the most recent version.

I would still like a native package though, but one that keeps up with the windows version.
okapi
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:14 pm
Location: Vienna
Contact:

Post by okapi »

bonjour!
are there any news related to the 1.90 linux version?
cheers,
michael
User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 33840
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France
Contact:

Post by xnview »

okapi wrote:bonjour!
are there any news related to the 1.90 linux version?
cheers,
michael
Currently i make the build for new version for macos 10.4 & ubuntu, so i think tomorrow for the 0.0001 alpha...
Pierre.
Post Reply