Add EXIF Data read out for HEIC/HEIF

Ideas for improvements and requests for new features in XnView Classic

Moderators: XnTriq, xnview

Post Reply
xporter
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:47 am

Add EXIF Data read out for HEIC/HEIF

Post by xporter »

Hello,

My name is Kristian and I am using XnView to rename all my photos before importing to LR according the date of photographing with the "batch rename function". This is helpful as nowadays we have photos from 4 to 5 sources on one trip and my software tools sorte the photos according the file name.

As the new iPhone supports HEIC, I would like to keep the files in the original format (not covert it to JPG) and rename them as well. Currently XnView can get the EXIF Data of HEIC files even it can display it, for all other files like .arw, .cr2 and so on, it works perfectly fine.

I was wondering, if this functionally could be added, please.

Best Regards, Kristian
User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 33872
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France
Contact:

Re: Add EXIF Data read out for HEIC/HEIF

Post by xnview »

currenlty EXIF is not supported for HEIC/HEIF, i'll try to add it soon
Pierre.
xporter
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:47 am

Re: Add EXIF Data read out for HEIC/HEIF

Post by xporter »

Great news! Thank you very much!
Oleks
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:46 pm

Re: Add EXIF Data read out for HEIC/HEIF

Post by Oleks »

xnview wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:14 pm currenlty EXIF is not supported for HEIC/HEIF, i'll try to add it soon
Hi Pierre,

Any news about this?

BR, Oleksandr
User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 33872
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France
Contact:

Re: Add EXIF Data read out for HEIC/HEIF

Post by xnview »

only next version of XnViewMP (Windows) will have support
Pierre.
User avatar
B.Douille
Posts: 198
Joined: Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:25 pm
Location: Hte Savoie - France

Re: Add EXIF Data read out for HEIC/HEIF

Post by B.Douille »

xnview wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:24 am only next version of XnViewMP (Windows) will have support
That's good news :) However I don't understand the focus on Windows for the Multi-Platform version :?
Daniel, promoting XnView since 2004, moved to MP (exclusively) years ago (Platform Windows and Linux Ubuntu)
User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 33872
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France
Contact:

Re: Add EXIF Data read out for HEIC/HEIF

Post by xnview »

B.Douille wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:21 pm
xnview wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:24 am only next version of XnViewMP (Windows) will have support
That's good news :) However I don't understand the focus on Windows for the Multi-Platform version :?
It's not only multi platform but full unicode & x64bits
Pierre.
bnewlove
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:56 am

Re: Add EXIF Data read out for HEIC/HEIF

Post by bnewlove »

xnview wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:45 pm
B.Douille wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:21 pm
xnview wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:24 am only next version of XnViewMP (Windows) will have support
That's good news :) However I don't understand the focus on Windows for the Multi-Platform version :?
It's not only multi platform but full unicode & x64bits
When you say the next version, do you mean the one after 0.97.0 ??
User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 33872
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France
Contact:

Re: Add EXIF Data read out for HEIC/HEIF

Post by xnview »

bnewlove wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:24 pm
xnview wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:45 pm
B.Douille wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:21 pm

That's good news :) However I don't understand the focus on Windows for the Multi-Platform version :?
It's not only multi platform but full unicode & x64bits
When you say the next version, do you mean the one after 0.97.0 ??
no 0.97.0
Pierre.
User avatar
B.Douille
Posts: 198
Joined: Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:25 pm
Location: Hte Savoie - France

Re: Add EXIF Data read out for HEIC/HEIF

Post by B.Douille »

Done in XnView MP, thank you Pierre.
However, labels under the thumbnails are blanks and sorting by exif date doesn't work. Can you please check ?
Daniel, promoting XnView since 2004, moved to MP (exclusively) years ago (Platform Windows and Linux Ubuntu)
User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 33872
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France
Contact:

Re: Add EXIF Data read out for HEIC/HEIF

Post by xnview »

B.Douille wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:10 pm Done in XnView MP, thank you Pierre.
However, labels under the thumbnails are blanks and sorting by exif date doesn't work. Can you please check ?
for HEIC?
Pierre.
User avatar
B.Douille
Posts: 198
Joined: Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:25 pm
Location: Hte Savoie - France

Re: Add EXIF Data read out for HEIC/HEIF

Post by B.Douille »

Exact (I attached a sample screenshot)
Attachments
Sample browser (details) screen showing the EXIF data at the bottom but fields in the list are empty.
Sample browser (details) screen showing the EXIF data at the bottom but fields in the list are empty.
Daniel, promoting XnView since 2004, moved to MP (exclusively) years ago (Platform Windows and Linux Ubuntu)
User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 33872
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France
Contact:

Re: Add EXIF Data read out for HEIC/HEIF

Post by xnview »

B.Douille wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:37 pm Exact (I attached a sample screenshot)
Perhaps you had browse these file before to have the plugin, so you need to rebuild thumbnails
Pierre.
User avatar
B.Douille
Posts: 198
Joined: Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:25 pm
Location: Hte Savoie - France

Re: Add EXIF Data read out for HEIC/HEIF

Post by B.Douille »

Perhaps you had browse these file before to have the plugin, so you need to rebuild thumbnails
Yes, fixed by clearing the catalog (faster than rebuilding thumbnails).
Daniel, promoting XnView since 2004, moved to MP (exclusively) years ago (Platform Windows and Linux Ubuntu)
Post Reply