Ideas for improvements and requests for new features in XnView Classic
Moderators: XnTriq, xnview
- Posts: 2010
- Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2004 8:33 pm
- Location: Sarasota Florida
Most of the time I use rather large thumbs. But sometimes I need to see a lot of thumbs at once.
My request is that XnView store 2 sizes of thumbs in the cache: "small" and "large".
This is how it would work:
- The options dialog would allow me to select two different sizes for thumbs.
When caching thumbs, XnView would automatically create and save BOTH sizes.
Then, with a toolbar button (or menu option, of course) I could switch quickly between the two sizes without waiting for the thumbs to be rebuilt.
- Posts: 4441
- Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 4:57 am
- Location: Bordeaux, France
Hello John !
• Although it's the opposite situation here - I use the most times small thumb nails and need larger ones from time to time -
your wish !
• To switch between the two sizes, I would like a button…
• This leads to get something we have now in TC, and I proposed there
, totally ignored by the Author, it seems
Old user ON SELECTIVE STRIKE till further notice •
- Posts: 353
- Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 7:28 pm
- Location: Belgique
I support and for the Clo
's button too (and the Manager, I did already)
L'important n'est pas de convaincre, mais de donner à réfléchir.
The important thing is not to convince, but to incite to think.
- Posts: 1423
- Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2004 7:17 pm
- Location: Paris, France
Please see the other thread
. I still prefer my suggestion (you would specify the large size in cache and freely adjust the small version in realtime, for example)
. Of course discussion is much welcome there.
- Posts: 251
- Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:53 am
- Location: Germany
One more wish: when changing to the bigger thumbnails I would like to have a different layout too. Usually (with small thumbs) I have the folder tree on the left. With the bigger thumbs I remove this to have more space available for viewing. So such an action (changing thumbnail size) should include the current/desired window layout.