Thumbnail labels into the VIEW menu

Ideas for improvements and requests for new features in XnView Classic

Moderators: XnTriq, xnview

User avatar
Lesmo16
Posts: 419
Joined: Thu May 12, 2005 8:59 pm
Location: Germany

Thumbnail labels into the VIEW menu

Post by Lesmo16 » Fri Aug 19, 2005 4:07 pm

For faster access, I like to suggest moving "Thumbnail Labels" from "Options -> Browser" into the main "View" menu.
Everyone who believes in telekinesis, raise my hand!

User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 31747
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France
Contact:

Re: Thumbnail labels into the VIEW menu

Post by xnview » Fri Aug 19, 2005 4:23 pm

Lesmo16 wrote:For faster access, I like to suggest moving "Thumbnail Labels" from "Options -> Browser" into the main "View" menu.
Hum i disagree because Labels are in browser
Pierre.

User avatar
Lesmo16
Posts: 419
Joined: Thu May 12, 2005 8:59 pm
Location: Germany

Re: Thumbnail labels into the VIEW menu

Post by Lesmo16 » Fri Aug 19, 2005 4:45 pm

xnview wrote:
Lesmo16 wrote:For faster access, I like to suggest moving "Thumbnail Labels" from "Options -> Browser" into the main "View" menu.
Hum i disagree because Labels are in browser
I assume you misunderstood my request. :wink:
It should totally removed from the options and be placed in the main menu of the Browser.
Everyone who believes in telekinesis, raise my hand!

User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 31747
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France
Contact:

Re: Thumbnail labels into the VIEW menu

Post by xnview » Fri Aug 19, 2005 4:47 pm

Lesmo16 wrote:
xnview wrote:
Lesmo16 wrote:For faster access, I like to suggest moving "Thumbnail Labels" from "Options -> Browser" into the main "View" menu.
Hum i disagree because Labels are in browser
I assume you misunderstood my request. :wink:
It should totally removed from the options and be placed in the main menu of the Browser.
Ok, but how to put it in a easy way?
Pierre.

User avatar
Lesmo16
Posts: 419
Joined: Thu May 12, 2005 8:59 pm
Location: Germany

Post by Lesmo16 » Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:00 pm

Ok, but how to put it in a easy way?
Menu entry "Thumbnails Labels" under "Thumbnails Size".

If selected, then a window similar to the actual dialog in options pops up.
It also would be great, if that dialog will contain a control to quickly select if the thumbnail labels should be shown or not.
So you can keep your special set of labels, and simply turn it on/off.
Everyone who believes in telekinesis, raise my hand!

User avatar
Dreamer
XnThusiast
Posts: 4605
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2004 9:08 pm
Location: Slovakia

Re: Thumbnail labels into the VIEW menu

Post by Dreamer » Fri Aug 19, 2005 7:20 pm

Lesmo16 wrote:I assume you misunderstood my request. :wink:
It should totally removed from the options and be placed in the main menu of the Browser.
I disagree, all options should be (also) in Options window.

User avatar
Lesmo16
Posts: 419
Joined: Thu May 12, 2005 8:59 pm
Location: Germany

Re: Thumbnail labels into the VIEW menu

Post by Lesmo16 » Fri Aug 19, 2005 7:39 pm

Dreamer wrote:
Lesmo16 wrote:I assume you misunderstood my request. :wink:
It should totally removed from the options and be placed in the main menu of the Browser.
I disagree, all options should be (also) in Options window.
Actually it is an option - but in fact it's part of the view, and I change it often.
But I must admit, that I do something like toggling my set of labels on/off.
And beleive me, it's quite annoying to go to Options menu, clicking to Thumbnail labels, and then customize my labels forward/backward.

So I change my request:
Leave the Thumbnails Labels stuff where it is,
but add "Thumbnails Labels" on / off to the main menu of the browser.


I think that we all can live with that solution - and it's easy to implement! :wink:
Everyone who believes in telekinesis, raise my hand!

User avatar
Dreamer
XnThusiast
Posts: 4605
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2004 9:08 pm
Location: Slovakia

Re: Thumbnail labels into the VIEW menu

Post by Dreamer » Fri Aug 19, 2005 8:45 pm

Lesmo16 wrote:So I change my request:
Leave the Thumbnails Labels stuff where it is,
but add "Thumbnails Labels" on / off to the main menu of the browser.


I think that we all can live with that solution - and it's easy to implement! :wink:
Yes, better, maybe even better - and/or this:

- another item in View>View as

- Thumbnail
- Thumbnails Labels
- Thumbnails & Details
- Icons
...

With shortcut(s) in the future - more in my list here.

User avatar
Lesmo16
Posts: 419
Joined: Thu May 12, 2005 8:59 pm
Location: Germany

Re: Thumbnail labels into the VIEW menu

Post by Lesmo16 » Mon Aug 22, 2005 8:10 am

Dreamer wrote:
Lesmo16 wrote:So I change my request:
Leave the Thumbnails Labels stuff where it is,
but add "Thumbnails Labels" on / off to the main menu of the browser.


I think that we all can live with that solution - and it's easy to implement! :wink:
Yes, better, maybe even better - and/or this:

- another item in View>View as

- Thumbnail
- Thumbnails Labels
- Thumbnails & Details
- Icons
...

With shortcut(s) in the future - more in my list here.
Absolutely consistant - 100% agree!
Everyone who believes in telekinesis, raise my hand!

User avatar
Olivier_G
XnThusiast
Posts: 1423
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2004 7:17 pm
Location: Paris, France
Contact:

Re: Thumbnail labels into the VIEW menu

Post by Olivier_G » Mon Aug 22, 2005 2:08 pm

Lesmo16 wrote:Absolutely consistant - 100% agree!
Nice idea -> I support :)

Olivier

User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 31747
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France
Contact:

Re: Thumbnail labels into the VIEW menu

Post by xnview » Thu Aug 25, 2005 11:18 am

So
- Thumbnail
- Thumbnails & Labels
- Thumbnails & Details
- Icons
...
Thumbnail show only filename, and Thumb & labels show options/Labels
right?
Pierre.

User avatar
Lesmo16
Posts: 419
Joined: Thu May 12, 2005 8:59 pm
Location: Germany

Re: Thumbnail labels into the VIEW menu

Post by Lesmo16 » Thu Aug 25, 2005 11:24 am

xnview wrote:So
- Thumbnail
- Thumbnails & Labels
- Thumbnails & Details
- Icons
...
Thumbnail show only filename, and Thumb & labels show options/Labels
right?
:shock: No, sorry ...

- Thumbnail shows Thumbnails (not filename!), as it ever was
- Thumbnail & Labels shows Thumbnails + labels in that way, like defined in options
Everyone who believes in telekinesis, raise my hand!

User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 31747
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France
Contact:

Re: Thumbnail labels into the VIEW menu

Post by xnview » Thu Aug 25, 2005 11:35 am

Lesmo16 wrote:- Thumbnail shows Thumbnails (not filename!), as it ever was
but thumbnails has always showed filename....
Pierre.

User avatar
Lesmo16
Posts: 419
Joined: Thu May 12, 2005 8:59 pm
Location: Germany

Re: Thumbnail labels into the VIEW menu

Post by Lesmo16 » Thu Aug 25, 2005 11:39 am

xnview wrote:
Lesmo16 wrote:- Thumbnail shows Thumbnails (not filename!), as it ever was
but thumbnails has always showed filename....
:? I understood your post as if it should only show the filenames not the thumbnails.

Of course Thumbnails should work like it ever was! :wink:
Everyone who believes in telekinesis, raise my hand!

User avatar
Olivier_G
XnThusiast
Posts: 1423
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2004 7:17 pm
Location: Paris, France
Contact:

Re: Thumbnail labels into the VIEW menu

Post by Olivier_G » Thu Aug 25, 2005 3:36 pm

xnview wrote:but thumbnails has always showed filename....
I would prefer a View with Thumbnails only (no filename) and a View with Thumbnails+Details with all the information you want to show (filename included if you want to).

A lot of filenames are just meaningless and you can get the info very easily/quickly with the tooltip on the thumbnail.
:arrow: It would give much more room on the screen to the Thumbnails.

Olivier

Post Reply