Diashow Options

Ideas for improvements and requests for new features in XnView Classic

Moderators: XnTriq, xnview

Post Reply
ostaehr
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:40 am

Diashow Options

Post by ostaehr » Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:01 pm

Hi,
I use XnView to show pictures from events live on a beamer. New Pics are transferred via WiFi to a dedicated folder and displayed in a loop.
Works great so far, thank you all for this great piece of software! Yes, I registered it, it is worth it!

I'd love additional features to the diashow. First an option to loop through the selected folder(s) and select only pictures from the last x hours or some other timeframe but at least a number of y pictures. Pictures can get quite a lot and then new pictures show up rare compared to the old ones that have been viewed often enough.

Another thing would be to show new arriving pictures as the very next one in the loop and then return to the normal loop.

Cheers,
Oliver

User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 31607
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France
Contact:

Re: Diashow Options

Post by xnview » Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:17 am

ostaehr wrote: I'd love additional features to the diashow. First an option to loop through the selected folder(s) and select only pictures from the last x hours or some other timeframe but at least a number of y pictures. Pictures can get quite a lot and then new pictures show up rare compared to the old ones that have been viewed often enough.

Another thing would be to show new arriving pictures as the very next one in the loop and then return to the normal loop.
you would like that new picture files have a higher priority in the file list?
Pierre.

Paddy94
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:48 pm

Re: Diashow Options

Post by Paddy94 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:55 pm

I've got the same usage as ostaehr
it would be great if the slideshow shows the pictures in a loop but if a new one is added to the folder it should show up the new image next.

Another thing that would be very usefull is a special folder for advertisement. For example after every 2 normal images it shows one or all advertisement images.

Is this possible?

User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 31607
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France
Contact:

Re: Diashow Options

Post by xnview » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:03 am

Paddy94 wrote: Another thing that would be very usefull is a special folder for advertisement. For example after every 2 normal images it shows one or all advertisement images.
so show "special" image more often?
Pierre.

Paddy94
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:48 pm

Re: Diashow Options

Post by Paddy94 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:56 am

Not only more often but also settable. So that for example every second image would be a "special" one.

ostaehr
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:40 am

Re: Diashow Options

Post by ostaehr » Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:42 pm

xnview wrote:
ostaehr wrote: I'd love additional features to the diashow. First an option to loop through the selected folder(s) and select only pictures from the last x hours or some other timeframe but at least a number of y pictures. Pictures can get quite a lot and then new pictures show up rare compared to the old ones that have been viewed often enough.

Another thing would be to show new arriving pictures as the very next one in the loop and then return to the normal loop.
you would like that new picture files have a higher priority in the file list?
sorry, I was sleeping :shock:

Not exactly, priority should be all the same. I'd like to filter out images from diashow rotation:
if there are at least y images in the rotation
then remove all images older than x minutes (creation date) from rotation.

New pictures in the rotation source folder should show up as the very next one in the diashow as soon as they are found. In other words, suspend the rotation, show the new picture, resume normal rotation.
There is an option to monitor the source folders for new images. This should be done after every single displayed image to have new images appear ASAP.

The advertisement idea is great, I second that. Something like a special source folder from which images - in it's own rotation - are displayed after every x normal images. Think of announcements for the next event or promotion from event sponsors.

Cheers, Oliver

ostaehr
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:40 am

Re: Diashow Options

Post by ostaehr » Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:42 pm

*push*
Any chance this will make it to a release?
Cheers,
Oliver

Post Reply