Go to a specific X,Y coordinate in a loaded image

Ideas for improvements and requests for new features in XnView Classic

Moderators: XnTriq, xnview

THuckabay

Go to a specific X,Y coordinate in a loaded image

Postby THuckabay » Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:07 am

I need an easy to use feature to GO TO A SPECIFIC SPECIFIED X,Y COORDINATE PAIR IN A LOADED IMAGE. I have many very large images containing objects that I must be able to easily locate through specification of a central (to a given object in the opened image) X,Y coordinate pair. (The size of the object is to be located is not relevant; I simply need to be able to quickly have the viewer navigate to a coordinate within that object in a large image that contains many objects.)

I would also suggest this: wherever the mouse pointer is located in a given image, it already has an X,Y coordinate; so, upon zooming, the zoomed view should re-center each time on the X,Y coordinate of the mouse when the zoom (e.g., <Ctrl>+ ) was invoked. This would allow one to stay in the same spot on the image while zooming in, as desired.

I'd like to recommend XnViewMP as a free viewer to millions of individuals who will be examining the images in question and objects within them. However, I require the above new features to do so.

Can you please help me with this?

Thanks.

xnview
Author of XnView

Re: Go to a specific X,Y coordinate in a loaded image

Postby xnview » Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:44 am

THuckabay wrote:I need an easy to use feature to GO TO A SPECIFIC SPECIFIED X,Y COORDINATE PAIR IN A LOADED IMAGE. I have many very large images containing objects that I must be able to easily locate through specification of a central (to a given object in the opened image) X,Y coordinate pair. (The size of the object is to be located is not relevant; I simply need to be able to quickly have the viewer navigate to a coordinate within that object in a large image that contains many objects.)

what do you means by 'go to specifed x, y coordinate'? how that, center this position?
Pierre.

Return to “Classic - Suggestions”