Some of EXIF tags can't be used to format the info-string

Ideas for improvements and requests for new features in XnView Classic

Moderators: XnTriq, xnview

Post Reply
Alexey Lubkin
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:36 pm

Some of EXIF tags can't be used to format the info-string

Post by Alexey Lubkin »

One unable to use most important exif tags which is displayed at the bottom of metadata list (Alt+Enter -> EXIF). For example, Nikon-D70's exif the "ISO Value" is placed only in the bottom part of the list (called "ISO Setting"), so I can't use it to make(=format) information string (Options->View->Fullscreen->Show Information).
User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 34364
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France
Contact:

Re: Some of EXIF tags can't be used to format the info-strin

Post by xnview »

Alexey Lubkin wrote:One unable to use most important exif tags which is displayed at the bottom of metadata list (Alt+Enter -> EXIF). For example, Nikon-D70's exif the "ISO Value" is placed only in the bottom part of the list (called "ISO Setting"), so I can't use it to make(=format) information string (Options->View->Fullscreen->Show Information).
Yes sometimes ISO value is stored on makernotes and not in EXIF standard fields.
Pierre.
Alexey Lubkin
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:36 pm

Re: Some of EXIF tags can't be used to format the info-strin

Post by Alexey Lubkin »

xnview wrote:Yes sometimes ISO value is stored on makernotes and not in EXIF standard fields.
So it would be awesome to have ability to use makernotes, such as "ISO Setting", "Focus Mode", "Lens", "Shutter Count".

This could be done by using special tag, for example
<makernotes="Shutter Count">
Alexey Lubkin
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:36 pm

Post by Alexey Lubkin »

This is still the problem in 1.82 RC3.

I can't see "ISO Setting" in full screen view :(
User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 34364
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France
Contact:

Post by xnview »

Alexey Lubkin wrote:This is still the problem in 1.82 RC3.

I can't see "ISO Setting" in full screen view :(
If ISO setting is in Makernotes, it's normal... Currently no support of makernotes...
Pierre.
Alexey Lubkin
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:36 pm

Post by Alexey Lubkin »

xnview wrote:If ISO setting is in Makernotes, it's normal... Currently no support of makernotes...
It's a pity :(

Something like <makernotes="ISO Setting"> would be very useful for all Nikon photographers! :D
mic

Post by mic »

Vraiment dommage de ne pouvoir accéder la valeur ISO de la photo (nikon D200)

Une idée d'une date de dispo éventuelle ? ça me permettrait de me passer de nikon view et ne plus utiliser que XnView qui est super par ailleurs et le sera encore plus quand on pourra l'utiliser sur une clé usb framakey ;-)

cordialement
mic
User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 34364
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France
Contact:

Post by xnview »

mic wrote:Vraiment dommage de ne pouvoir accéder la valeur ISO de la photo (nikon D200)

Une idée d'une date de dispo éventuelle ? ça me permettrait de me passer de nikon view et ne plus utiliser que XnView qui est super par ailleurs et le sera encore plus quand on pourra l'utiliser sur une clé usb framakey ;-)
Non pour l'iso dans les makernotes, je ne sais pas.
Sinon vous pouvez dejà utiliser xnview sur une framakey!
Pierre.
Post Reply