Move images to recycle bin before convert

Ideas for improvements and requests for new features in XnView Classic

Moderators: XnTriq, xnview

Post Reply
User avatar
Dreamer
XnThusiast
Posts: 4605
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2004 9:08 pm
Location: Slovakia

Move images to recycle bin before convert

Post by Dreamer » Tue Dec 27, 2005 12:54 am

Option "Move images to recycle bin before convert" - enabled by default. For Batch Convert, maybe also for Batch Rename and other actions...

Users should backup their images, but they don't do it, so xnview could do it automatically for them.

User avatar
helmut
Posts: 8176
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2003 6:47 pm
Location: Frankfurt, Germany

Re: Move images to recycle bin before convert

Post by helmut » Tue Dec 27, 2005 11:31 am

Dreamer wrote:Option "Move images to recycle bin before convert" - enabled by default. For Batch Convert, maybe also for Batch Rename and other actions...

Users should backup their images, but they don't do it, so xnview could do it automatically for them.
Good idea. I guess moving images to recycle bin when converting is only needed in case that original files are overwritten - right?

User avatar
Dreamer
XnThusiast
Posts: 4605
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2004 9:08 pm
Location: Slovakia

Re: Move images to recycle bin before convert

Post by Dreamer » Tue Dec 27, 2005 10:56 pm

helmut wrote:Good idea. I guess moving images to recycle bin when converting is only needed in case that original files are overwritten - right?
Yes - if "Overwrite" is set to "replace" or "ask > yes" or option "Delete original" is enabled.

I think such behavior should be default in Windows (and all Windows programs), since if I delete file, it's moved to bin, but if I move and replace file, original file is deleted automatically.

User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 32459
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France
Contact:

Re: Move images to recycle bin before convert

Post by xnview » Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:46 am

Dreamer wrote:
helmut wrote:Good idea. I guess moving images to recycle bin when converting is only needed in case that original files are overwritten - right?
Yes - if "Overwrite" is set to "replace" or "ask > yes" or option "Delete original" is enabled.

I think such behavior should be default in Windows (and all Windows programs), since if I delete file, it's moved to bin, but if I move and replace file, original file is deleted automatically.
I'll add it in 1.82
Pierre.

User avatar
helmut
Posts: 8176
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2003 6:47 pm
Location: Frankfurt, Germany

Re: Move images to recycle bin before convert

Post by helmut » Wed Dec 28, 2005 9:11 pm

xnview wrote:
Dreamer wrote:
helmut wrote:Good idea. I guess moving images to recycle bin when converting is only needed in case that original files are overwritten - right?
Yes - if "Overwrite" is set to "replace" or "ask > yes" or option "Delete original" is enabled.

I think such behavior should be default in Windows (and all Windows programs), since if I delete file, it's moved to bin, but if I move and replace file, original file is deleted automatically.
I'll add it in 1.82
Think that'll be good. :-)

User avatar
Dreamer
XnThusiast
Posts: 4605
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2004 9:08 pm
Location: Slovakia

Re: Move images to recycle bin before convert

Post by Dreamer » Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:23 am

helmut wrote:
xnview wrote:
Dreamer wrote: Yes - if "Overwrite" is set to "replace" or "ask > yes" or option "Delete original" is enabled.

I think such behavior should be default in Windows (and all Windows programs), since if I delete file, it's moved to bin, but if I move and replace file, original file is deleted automatically.
I'll add it in 1.82
Think that'll be good. :-)
No, great. :wink:

Post Reply