Add option to choose sort style in display mode...

Ideas for improvements and requests for new features in XnView Classic

Moderators: XnTriq, xnview

User avatar
Clo
XnThusiast
Posts: 4441
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 4:57 am
Location: Bordeaux, France
Contact:

In brief : …

Post by Clo » Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:58 pm

:arrow: Xyzzy

:) Hello L. !

- In brief :

- I would be able to sort “at will” the files of the current displayed pic from the "View mode" at least, i.e. for the frequent case I explain above.
- Personally, I don't care that this sorting-mode be kept through the sessions or not.
- I rarely change the sorting mode in the browser, because the browser thing is not my main use of XnView.

- About wich kind of command, currently we have not other solutions than the menus - classic and¦or local, since the handiest way IMHO should be either a button with a small list, or even better several ones (one by mode), or too a button that changes the mode @ each click, with a display in the status bar or whatever in the same painting.
- Needs a tool-bar really configurable (in the TC-syle) and this lack is getting more and more annoying each day… :(

:mrgreen: KR
Claude
Clo
Old user ON SELECTIVE STRIKE till further notice

TsunamiZ

Post by TsunamiZ » Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:50 pm

Xyzzy wrote:OK, some topics.

Shall View sorting order be persistent in one run?
And between sessions?
Only current file sequence is resorted (fe. selected files in Browser)?
Is sorting order changed also in browser after change in View?
Should the sorting options be identical as in Browser? If No, what options should be avaliable?
Should these options be cascaded? If yes, what should be the name of the menu item?

And so on...

It would be so nice if user requests were complete :|

X.
My request is basically have the sort option also available in view mode, so that users don't have to bring up browse mode just to change sort style.

User avatar
Olivier_G
XnThusiast
Posts: 1423
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2004 7:17 pm
Location: Paris, France
Contact:

Post by Olivier_G » Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:22 pm

TsunamiZ wrote:My request is basically have the sort option also available in view mode, so that users don't have to bring up browse mode just to change sort style.
I support.

Olivier

User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 33205
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France
Contact:

Post by xnview » Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:59 am

TsunamiZ wrote:
Xyzzy wrote:OK, some topics.

Shall View sorting order be persistent in one run?
And between sessions?
Only current file sequence is resorted (fe. selected files in Browser)?
Is sorting order changed also in browser after change in View?
Should the sorting options be identical as in Browser? If No, what options should be avaliable?
Should these options be cascaded? If yes, what should be the name of the menu item?

And so on...

It would be so nice if user requests were complete :|

X.
My request is basically have the sort option also available in view mode, so that users don't have to bring up browse mode just to change sort style.
So if you have browser opened, and a view. And you change sort setting in view move, it will be changed in browser mode too?
Pierre.

TsunamiZ

Post by TsunamiZ » Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:03 am

xnview wrote:
TsunamiZ wrote:
Xyzzy wrote:OK, some topics.

Shall View sorting order be persistent in one run?
And between sessions?
Only current file sequence is resorted (fe. selected files in Browser)?
Is sorting order changed also in browser after change in View?
Should the sorting options be identical as in Browser? If No, what options should be avaliable?
Should these options be cascaded? If yes, what should be the name of the menu item?

And so on...

It would be so nice if user requests were complete :|

X.
My request is basically have the sort option also available in view mode, so that users don't have to bring up browse mode just to change sort style.
So if you have browser opened, and a view. And you change sort setting in view move, it will be changed in browser mode too?
I wouldn't mind having it that way.

Xyzzy
Posts: 652
Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2004 10:17 pm
Location: Poland

Post by Xyzzy » Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:07 am

TsunamiZ wrote: Once again, it's necessary in certain heavy file management scenarios. When you have lots of dif files to sort through. Such as a photo collection or website creation, etc.
It's very nice you work so hard, but if you say what is input data and how it is structured and what output do you expect, we, the collective mind, could make up for you a better solution than you can make up yourself.



X.

TsunamiZ

Post by TsunamiZ » Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:17 pm

This option to change sort mode should also appear on the right click menu, so users can have quick access to it when viewing image in fullscreen mode. So users don't have to switch out of fullscreen and back just to switch sort modes. Thanks.

TsunamiZ

Post by TsunamiZ » Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:44 pm

BTW: Is there a way to always have browser there at start? Even if XnView is started by opening a file? This will allow semi-quick access to switching file sort preference. Thanks.

TsunamiZ

Post by TsunamiZ » Mon Feb 13, 2006 3:45 am

Any chance having sort option in view and right click menus will make it into the next version of XnView? Thanks.

User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 33205
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France
Contact:

Post by xnview » Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:26 am

TsunamiZ wrote:Any chance having sort option in view and right click menus will make it into the next version of XnView? Thanks.
So this option will affect browser sort option, too. Right?
Pierre.

TsunamiZ

Post by TsunamiZ » Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:11 am

xnview wrote:
TsunamiZ wrote:Any chance having sort option in view and right click menus will make it into the next version of XnView? Thanks.
So this option will affect browser sort option, too. Right?
Yeah, that would be convenient. :wink:

TsunamiZ

Post by TsunamiZ » Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:14 am

And if not too much trouble, it would also be nice to have sort option saved for each opened view tab. So each view can browse in a different sort order. Thanks.

TsunamiZ

Post by TsunamiZ » Mon Jun 12, 2006 2:27 pm

option to choose file sort style in display mode anytime soon?

Maxilla

Post by Maxilla » Mon Aug 21, 2006 4:37 pm

I never have used the browser mode of XN and always wonder how one could change the sort order option (sort by name, date etc) in the view mode in the newer versions of XN. Pulled my hair out but never have found one... So I went back to the older versions.

Am in complete agreement with TsunamiZ...

TsunamiZ

Post by TsunamiZ » Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:08 pm

still waiting on this... :)

Post Reply