Converting TIFF without compression to TIFF with JPEG Compression

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView Classic.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

NedSeagoon

Converting TIFF without compression to TIFF with JPEG Compression

Post by NedSeagoon »

Hi,

When I use XnV or XnC to convert a TIFF file that does not have compression to a TIFF file that is using JPEG compression the output file is quite blurry, there is text in the image that is readable before the conversion, but after it is barely readable.

I have tried using various qualities and it does not affect the quality of the image. I have compared the output to other conversion software like Advanced Batch Image Conversion and Able Batch Converter and the resulting TIFF from both of those packages is of a much better quality and is quite readable after conversion.

The source image resolution is 850x1170x24, larger images convert fine as I have tried an image that is 1700x2800x24 and that is perfectly readable after converting to a JPEG compressed TIFF.

the source file I have is over 2MB (even zipped) so I cannot attach it

Are their any options that can be used to increase the output quality?

I am using Tiff Revision 6, with JPEG Colour Compression, I have tried JPEG Quality at 80, 90 and 100, I also have tried having Only one strip enabled and disabled. The only change with the higher qualities is that the resulting image is much larger.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Andy.
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: Converting TIFF without compression to TIFF with JPEG Compression

Post by xnview »

please send me it on contact @ xnview . com
Pierre.
NedSeagoon

Re: Converting TIFF without compression to TIFF with JPEG Compression

Post by NedSeagoon »

I have sent the images.