"Resize Dialogue" - small issues

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView Classic.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

Peter2
XnThusiast

"Resize Dialogue" - small issues

Post by Peter2 »

Some remarks / suggestion to the "Resize dialogue: Combo Box for Standard size"

Sugg:
The first value is always the current / unchanged size of image. That's not that obvious for the user. Maybe you can add a hint like "301x445 (original)"

Sugg:
No matter what I select, the first line in the combobox always shows ""Custom".
It could show what I selected, like "800x600"

Sugg:
When I select a "pixel value" (e.g. "800x600") and my values below are set to "percent", then my pixels are converted and displayed as "percent".
Sometimes that's exact what the user need, sometimes he thinks: "when I set pixels then I want to see pixels", so the settings should be cahnged.
I don't know what the perfect solution is; maybe other forumistas have better or other idea.

Bug:
The selection "2560x1600" sets very strange values.

Thanks
Peter
XnViewMP 1.6.5 German, XnConvert 1.99, Win 10
helmut

Re: "Resize Dialogue" - small issues

Post by helmut »

These are all good suggestions and obsverations, Peter. Below, please find some comments.
Peter2 wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:39 amSugg:
The first value is always the current / unchanged size of image. That's not that obvious for the user. Maybe you can add a hint like "301x445 (original)"
Yes, the original size should be always the top value in the list and the addition "(Original)" helps to better understand.
No matter what I select, the first line in the combobox always shows ""Custom".
It could show what I selected, like "800x600"
Right. And these presets should have names. E.g. 160 × 120 (QQ-VGA), 320x200 (VGA), ..., 1280 × 720 (HD), 1920x1080 (Full HD), ...
When I select a "pixel value" (e.g. "800x600") and my values below are set to "percent", then my pixels are converted and displayed as "percent".
Sometimes that's exact what the user need, sometimes he thinks: "when I set pixels then I want to see pixels", so the settings should be changed.
I don't know what the perfect solution is; maybe other forumistas have better or other idea.
As written in the other topic, I think when selecting a percentage entry in the dropdowncombobox, the unit should switch to pixels. And the same for pixels.
Peter2 wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:39 amBug:
The selection "2560x1600" sets very strange values.
:bugconfirmed: Right, pretty weird.