Fast deleting & fit image to window

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView Classic.

Moderators: XnTriq, xnview

Post Reply
Guest

Fast deleting & fit image to window

Post by Guest »

I have just downloaded this marvelous program. It's a real great thing.
But I can't understand two things, that annoy me a little bit:

1. How can I switch on the fast file deleting in image viewer. When I view images in the image viewer I can press DEL key and the current picture will be deleted. But the program always asks if I want to delete it and always moves the picture into the trash can.
In ACDsee (large and slow monster now) there is a small but very useful feature - it can delete files very fast and without any questions.
Is it possible to make XnView the same way?

2. There is other feature in ACDSee. It can shrink the program window (in image viewing mode) to the size of the picture that is smaller than the desktop size and it can downsample the picture to the size of the desktop. Can I achieve the same reaction in XnView?
I can get something like this if I press '/' key during viewing, and it works good but that state doesn't saved to the next session (I have to press '/' again).
ckit
XnThusiast
Posts: 2446
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2004 1:11 am
Contact:

Re: Fast deleting & fit image to window

Post by ckit »

Anonymous wrote:I have just downloaded this marvelous program. It's a real great thing.
But I can't understand two things, that annoy me a little bit.

1. How can I swith on the fast file deleting in image viewer. When I view images in the image viewer I can press DEL key and the current picture will be deleted. But the program always asks if I want to delete it and always moves the picture into the trach can.
In ACDsee (large and slow monster now) there is a small but very useful feautre - it can delete files very fast and without any questions.
Is it possible to make XnView the same way?

2. There is other feautre in ACDSee. It can shrink the program window (in image viewing mode) to the size of the picture that is smaller than the desctop size and it can downsample the picture to the size of the desctop. Can I achieve the same reaction in XnView?
I can get something like this if I press '/' key during viewing, and it works good but that state doesn't saved to the next session (I have to press '/' again).
1. Options -> Misc -> Confirm File Delete (turn off)

2. Options -> View -> Auto Image Size (Fit Window to Image) You might also want to set... Options -> Misc -> Remember last window position/size
Guest

Re: Fast deleting & fit image to window

Post by Guest »

ckit wrote: 1. Options -> Misc -> Confirm File Delete (turn off)

2. Options -> View -> Auto Image Size (Fit Window to Image) You might also want to set... Options -> Misc -> Remember last window position/size
Thank's a lot. Your first piece of advise works great.
But the second dosn't work at all :-(

If I choose Fit Window to Image and try to watch a picture than is bigger than my desctop size I receive sliders (the picture doesn't fit the window and the desctop). And the window doesn't change its size if I wantch a smaller picture.
I've tried several combinations of that options but I could find only two that suit me. There are 'Fit Image to Desktop, Large only', and 'Fit Image to Window, Large only'.
User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 34364
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France
Contact:

Re: Fast deleting & fit image to window

Post by xnview »

Anonymous wrote:But the second dosn't work at all :-(

If I choose Fit Window to Image and try to watch a picture than is bigger than my desctop size I receive sliders (the picture doesn't fit the window and the desctop). And the window doesn't change its size if I wantch a smaller picture.
I've tried several combinations of that options but I could find only two that suite me. They are Fit Image to Desctop, Large only, and FitImage to Window, Larege only.
Ok, a :bugconfirmed:
Pierre.
Post Reply