BUG: Fullscreen - browser mode when starting a file

Bugs found in XnView Classic. Please report only one bug per topic!

Moderators: XnTriq, xnview

ghost zero
Posts: 352
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:26 pm

BUG: Fullscreen - browser mode when starting a file

Post by ghost zero » Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:18 am

BUG: Fullscreen - browser mode when starting a file:

This causes XnView to briefly show the browser before showing the image in fullscreen, and thus displaying thumbnails, etc. and slowing down the startup of XnView. Can this be fixed so that XnView goes directly to the fullscreen image instead, while still using fullscreen - browser mode?
Last edited by ghost zero on Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 33620
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France
Contact:

Re: BUG: Fullscreen - browser mode when starting a file

Post by xnview » Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:22 am

ghost zero wrote:BUG: Fullscreen - browser mode when starting a file:

This casues XnView to briefly show the browser before showing the image in fullscreen, and thus displaying thumbnails, etc. and slowing down the startup of XnView. Can this be fixed so that XnView goes directly to the fullscreen image instead, while still using fullscreen - browser mode?
Do you use the 1.90.2??
Pierre.

ghost zero
Posts: 352
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:26 pm

Post by ghost zero » Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:49 am

yea

Henry_Jones
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:18 am

Post by Henry_Jones » Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:24 pm

Even with version 1.90.3 this issue is still present.

ghost zero
Posts: 352
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:26 pm

Post by ghost zero » Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:48 pm

hoping for a fix soon...

ghost zero
Posts: 352
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:26 pm

Post by ghost zero » Thu May 31, 2007 9:01 am

any progress?

User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 33620
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France
Contact:

Post by xnview » Thu May 31, 2007 9:08 am

ghost zero wrote:any progress?
In 1.91 this bug is fixed
Pierre.

Tristar

Fullscreen

Post by Tristar » Sat Jun 09, 2007 1:23 pm

No! version 1.91 have this problem too!!!
If not, then how does it work?
Please tell me.
P.s. Sorry.... I'm very bad know english language.

Guest

Post by Guest » Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:04 pm

I agree, the isssue is still there, but given the answer from xnview I also see the possibility that we mean different things here.

User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 33620
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France
Contact:

Post by xnview » Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:00 pm

Anonymous wrote:I agree, the isssue is still there, but given the answer from xnview I also see the possibility that we mean different things here.
When you start xnview from windows explorer (browser fullscreen), you see always the browser?
Pierre.

ghost zero
Posts: 352
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:26 pm

Post by ghost zero » Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:34 am

xnview wrote:
Anonymous wrote:I agree, the isssue is still there, but given the answer from xnview I also see the possibility that we mean different things here.
When you start xnview from windows explorer (browser fullscreen), you see always the browser?
ya, the browser shows up briefly before the image shows fullscreen. im using 1.91.1 and the bug is still there...

User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 33620
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France
Contact:

Post by xnview » Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:38 am

ghost zero wrote:
xnview wrote:
Anonymous wrote:I agree, the isssue is still there, but given the answer from xnview I also see the possibility that we mean different things here.
When you start xnview from windows explorer (browser fullscreen), you see always the browser?
ya, the browser shows up briefly before the image shows fullscreen. im using 1.91.1 and the bug is still there...
:-( on which OS?
Pierre.

ghost zero
Posts: 352
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:26 pm

Post by ghost zero » Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:04 am

1.91.2 bug still there. on winxp pro sp2.

User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 33620
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France
Contact:

Post by xnview » Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:39 am

ghost zero wrote:1.91.2 bug still there. on winxp pro sp2.
I can't reproduce it
Pierre.

ghost zero
Posts: 352
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:26 pm

Post by ghost zero » Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:51 pm

- set xnview to startup in browser mode and fullscreen
- now open your file manager and double click on a pic
- when it opens in xnview, xnview briefly shows the browser before it displays the pic fullscreen

...

Post Reply