1.91.2: Large thumbnails with EXIF data on folders

Bugs found in XnView Classic. Please report only one bug per topic!

Moderators: XnTriq, xnview

Post Reply
Xip
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:09 pm

1.91.2: Large thumbnails with EXIF data on folders

Post by Xip » Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:38 pm

1. Deselect the option to have four thumbnails on a folder. So only one is shown.
2. Select a large thumbnail size, at least the 384x288 in the View menu.
3. View As Thumbnails.

This works fine for pictures without EXIF information. However, pictures that have EXIF information will not expand to fill the size of the folder symbol but will only be shown as a small picture in the center of the folder. If cleaning the picture of the metadata using the command in Edit menu, then the picture will expand normally and fill the folder symbol.
Last edited by Xip on Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

marsh
XnThusiast
Posts: 2443
Joined: Sun May 15, 2005 6:31 am

Post by marsh » Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:00 am

Confirmed.

User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 33617
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France
Contact:

Post by xnview » Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:05 pm

The problem is that i use embedded thumbnails if exists (and option used), so it's normal...
Pierre.

Xip
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:09 pm

Post by Xip » Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:23 pm

I have tried to disable this option but the problem still exists. Maybe the option is broken so embedded thumbnails are always used?

Also, when removing the embedded thumbnails as I do currently to avoid this problem, using the Clean command in Xnview, I have discovered that if the file has the attribute "Read only", this is not done but instead a new file is created without warning.

I must also express my gratitude for allowing a single thumbnail to be used on folders! Great for organizing. All other viewers seem to use four small thumbnails which cannot easily be seen.

User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 33617
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France
Contact:

Post by xnview » Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:42 pm

Xip wrote:I have tried to disable this option but the problem still exists. Maybe the option is broken so embedded thumbnails are always used?
Even if you recreate the thumbnails?
Pierre.

Xip
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:09 pm

Post by Xip » Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:37 pm

xnview wrote:
Xip wrote:I have tried to disable this option but the problem still exists. Maybe the option is broken so embedded thumbnails are always used?
Even if you recreate the thumbnails?
Yes. Also, I usually disable the caching but have also tried enabling it without difference. It seems like the embedded thumbnails are always used for folders. I am using 1.91.2 on an XP SP2.

User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 33617
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France
Contact:

Post by xnview » Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:41 pm

Xip wrote:
xnview wrote:
Xip wrote:I have tried to disable this option but the problem still exists. Maybe the option is broken so embedded thumbnails are always used?
Even if you recreate the thumbnails?
Yes. Also, I usually disable the caching but have also tried enabling it without difference. It seems like the embedded thumbnails are always used for folders. I am using 1.91.2 on an XP SP2.
Ok, right, i'll fix it
Pierre.

wardenzanti
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:21 am

Post by wardenzanti » Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:31 am

confirmed in version 1.93.4
when will this bug be fixed?

Post Reply