B1: No progress bar during Thumbnails creation

Bugs and Suggestions in XnView Classic which have been resolved

Moderators: XnTriq, xnview

User avatar
Olivier_G
XnThusiast
Posts: 1423
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2004 7:17 pm
Location: Paris, France

B1: No progress bar during Thumbnails creation

Post by Olivier_G »

I don't see anymore the progress bar during thumbnails creation. Quite annoying... :(
Olivier
User avatar
helmut
Posts: 8245
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2003 6:47 pm
Location: Frankfurt, Germany

Re: B1: No progress bar during Thumbnails creation

Post by helmut »

Olivier_G wrote:I don't see anymore the progress bar during thumbnails creation. Quite annoying... :(
Strange, I still can see it. Is it in browser when clicking on a folder?
User avatar
XnTriq
Moderator & Librarian
Posts: 5936
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2005 3:00 am
Location: Ref Desk

Post by XnTriq »

On my system (Windows 2000 SP4) I can see it when thumbnails for images in the current directory are built.
But while generating the thumbs for subdirectories (4-in-1 folder) the progress bar is not shown.
User avatar
Olivier_G
XnThusiast
Posts: 1423
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2004 7:17 pm
Location: Paris, France

Re: B1: No progress bar during Thumbnails creation

Post by Olivier_G »

helmut wrote:Is it in browser when clicking on a folder?
Yes: in Browser, any thumbnail mode, when I enter/click a folder. I use Windows XP-SP2, show only Images and Videos.
Olivier
User avatar
helmut
Posts: 8245
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2003 6:47 pm
Location: Frankfurt, Germany

Post by helmut »

XnTriq wrote:On my system (Windows 2000 SP4) I can see it when thumbnails for images in the current directory are built.
But while generating the thumbs for subdirectories (4-in-1 folder) the progress bar is not shown.
Exactly the same here (Windows XP SP2):
During thumbnail creation the progress bar is shown. Only during creation of the thumbnails for subdirectories it is not shown. Is this what you mean, Olivier?
User avatar
Olivier_G
XnThusiast
Posts: 1423
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2004 7:17 pm
Location: Paris, France

Post by Olivier_G »

helmut wrote:During thumbnail creation the progress bar is shown. Only during creation of the thumbnails for subdirectories it is not shown. Is this what you mean, Olivier?
No... :( ...it's during thumbnails creation of images in the current folder.

A picture is worth a thousand words:
Image
I don't have any progress bar while the thumbnails are being created... :?
Olivier
User avatar
helmut
Posts: 8245
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2003 6:47 pm
Location: Frankfurt, Germany

Post by helmut »

Olivier_G wrote:A picture is worth a thousand words:
Indeed. I've changed my settings step-by-step and finally I could reproduce your problem. As soon as you hide the toolbar (View > Toolbar) the progressbar is no longer shown.

-> Confirmed.
User avatar
XnTriq
Moderator & Librarian
Posts: 5936
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2005 3:00 am
Location: Ref Desk

Post by XnTriq »

helmut wrote:As soon as you hide the toolbar (View > Toolbar) the progressbar is no longer shown.

-> Confirmed.
Ditto, Sherlock :wink:
User avatar
Olivier_G
XnThusiast
Posts: 1423
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2004 7:17 pm
Location: Paris, France

Post by Olivier_G »

helmut wrote:-> Confirmed.
Well done! :P ...Thanks!
Olivier
User avatar
helmut
Posts: 8245
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2003 6:47 pm
Location: Frankfurt, Germany

Post by helmut »

Verified fixed in Beta 2. -> Closed.
User avatar
Olivier_G
XnThusiast
Posts: 1423
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2004 7:17 pm
Location: Paris, France

Post by Olivier_G »

Confirmed: works fine again... :P ...Thanks.
Olivier