b1: False tagged files warning box appears

Bugs and Suggestions in XnView Classic which have been resolved

Moderators: XnTriq, xnview

marsh
XnThusiast
Posts: 2443
Joined: Sun May 15, 2005 6:31 am

b1: False tagged files warning box appears

Post by marsh »

Sometimes an error box is shown when simply selecting tagged files- even when no action is being performed here. No copying, moving, or deleting. It is the same warning box which appears when copying files.
User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 36866
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France

Re: b1: False tagged files warning box appears

Post by xnview »

marsh wrote:Sometimes an error box is shown when simply selecting tagged files- even when no action is being performed here. No copying, moving, or deleting. It is the same warning box which appears when copying files.
Strange, do you have an easy way to reproduce it?
Pierre.
User avatar
helmut
Posts: 8245
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2003 6:47 pm
Location: Frankfurt, Germany

Post by helmut »

If the user happens to drag the tag box (just a bit), a message appears saying: "Tagged files will be used instead selected files, do you want to continue with tagged files".

marsh, is that the problem you experience?
User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 36866
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France

Post by xnview »

helmut wrote:If the user happens to drag the tag box (just a bit), a message appears saying: "Tagged files will be used instead selected files, do you want to continue with tagged files".

marsh, is that the problem you experience?
Related to http://newsgroup.xnview.com/viewtopic.php?t=10649
Pierre.
marsh
XnThusiast
Posts: 2443
Joined: Sun May 15, 2005 6:31 am

Reproduced in Details View

Post by marsh »

xnview wrote:
helmut wrote:If the user happens to drag the tag box (just a bit), a message appears saying: "Tagged files will be used instead selected files, do you want to continue with tagged files".

marsh, is that the problem you experience?
Related to http://newsgroup.xnview.com/viewtopic.php?t=10649
Perhaps different, since false tag warning can also appear using only details view:
1. Have list of 4 images in details view.
2. Highlight 1 image.
3. <ctrl + shift + r> to rotate image (lossless JPG operation)
4. Highlight the 4 images.
5. Press <F2> to invoke batch rename.
6. *False tag warning appears.
User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 36866
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France

Re: Reproduced in Details View

Post by xnview »

marsh wrote: Perhaps different, since false tag warning can also appear using only details view:
1. Have list of 4 images in details view.
2. Highlight 1 image.
3. <ctrl + shift + r> to rotate image (lossless JPG operation)
4. Highlight the 4 images.
5. Press <F2> to invoke batch rename.
6. *False tag warning appears.
I can't reproduce it
Pierre.
marsh
XnThusiast
Posts: 2443
Joined: Sun May 15, 2005 6:31 am

Re: Reproduced in Details View

Post by marsh »

xnview wrote:
marsh wrote: Perhaps different, since false tag warning can also appear using only details view:
1. Have list of 4 images in details view.
2. Highlight 1 image.
3. <ctrl + shift + r> to rotate image (lossless JPG operation)
4. Highlight the 4 images.
5. Press <F2> to invoke batch rename.
6. *False tag warning appears.
I can't reproduce it
It happens about 25% of the time for me. The JPG lossless warning is enabled if that makes a difference.
marsh
XnThusiast
Posts: 2443
Joined: Sun May 15, 2005 6:31 am

Re: Reproduced in Details View

Post by marsh »

Just selecting F2 on multiple files (in deatails view) should be enough to recreate problem.
User avatar
helmut
Posts: 8245
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2003 6:47 pm
Location: Frankfurt, Germany

Re: Reproduced in Details View

Post by helmut »

marsh wrote:Just selecting F2 on multiple files (in deatails view) should be enough to recreate problem.
In Beta 3 this cannot be reproduced because the message does not appear at all (bug).

marsh, you have written that in 25% of the cases the problem occurs. Perhaps in those cases you have selected "Cancel" on that message box. "Cancel" did not cancel the initial action but started the action with the selected files - not the tagged ones. Perhaps this is what you have experienced.
marsh
XnThusiast
Posts: 2443
Joined: Sun May 15, 2005 6:31 am

Re: Reproduced in Details View

Post by marsh »

helmut wrote:
marsh wrote:Just selecting F2 on multiple files (in deatails view) should be enough to recreate problem.
In Beta 3 this cannot be reproduced because the message does not appear at all (bug).

marsh, you have written that in 25% of the cases the problem occurs. Perhaps in those cases you have selected "Cancel" on that message box. "Cancel" did not cancel the initial action but started the action with the selected files - not the tagged ones. Perhaps this is what you have experienced.
Right, we cannot test this on B3. I had no tagged files when seeing this problem on earlier versions- it was completely unexpected.
marsh
XnThusiast
Posts: 2443
Joined: Sun May 15, 2005 6:31 am

Post by marsh »

I'm not seeing any unexpected tag warnings in ß-4.
------>Closed.