Bugs and Suggestions in XnView Classic which have been resolved

Moderators: XnTriq, xnview

Clo
XnThusiast

A3: Tree and preview locked…

Post by Clo »

:arrow: Pierre

:) Hello !

• With Alpha 3, the small buttons in the browser to show¦hide the tree and the preview no longer work !
- I mean : I used them once to hide the items, but then impossible to reopen them !

- The arrow-points are highlighted in red, as usual, but no action when clicking on…:|

• So, now I can't use the browser at all; I didn't find means to reopen the tree and the preview, it's locked.
- None menu-entry works at this, even when ticked…

:?:

:mrgreen: Kind regards,
Claude
Clo
Old user ON SELECTIVE STRIKE till further notice
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: A3: Tree and preview locked…

Post by xnview »

Clo wrote::arrow: Pierre

:) Hello !

• With Alpha 3, the small buttons in the browser to show¦hide the tree and the preview no longer work !
- I mean : I used them once to hide the items, but then impossible to reopen them !

- The arrow-points are highlighted in red, as usual, but no action when clicking on…:|

• So, now I can't use the browser at all; I didn't find means to reopen the tree and the preview, it's locked.
- None menu-entry works at this, even when ticked…

:?:

:mrgreen: Kind regards,
Claude
Clo
With which layout? I have not the problem...
Pierre.
JohnFredC
XnThusiast

Post by JohnFredC »

Layout #7 (from the top) is still missing its little splitter buttons in A3.
John
Clo
XnThusiast

Solved, but…

Post by Clo »

—> Pierre

• Solved, was caused by the previous French DLL…
- It works now after I have patched the last version (maybe some command-number changed ?)

• However, like JohnFredC points out above, the buttons are missing still with the Layout # 7, I confirm.
- Aside : Still hard to spot and to catch these buttons… :|

:mrgreen: KR
Claude
Clo
Old user ON SELECTIVE STRIKE till further notice
ouistiti

Post by ouistiti »

Indeed, such misadventures might not occur… This is time wasting while testing.
- Since I had not the issue with the new DLL, it was not too hard to find the snag.
- However, currently I may say that the Clo's corrections are indispensable, because too many items are not translated and some interface items have defects…
Please, could you avoid to change the commands continually ? That binds to remake the corrections n… times :(
- Moreover, this is not the same in other programmes, the command-numbers are kept through the versions…
- This helps when one uses text files for the languages, that I hope to get before my funeral… :P

Regards

Paul
L'important n'est pas de convaincre, mais de donner à réfléchir.
The important thing is not to convince, but to incite to think.

xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

ouistiti wrote:Indeed, such misadventures might not occur… This is time wasting while testing.
- Since I had not the issue with the new DLL, it was not too hard to find the snag.
- However, currently I may say that the Clo's corrections are indispensable, because too many items are not translated and some interface items have defects…
Please, could you avoid to change the commands continually ? That binds to remake the corrections n… times :(
- Moreover, this is not the same in other programmes, the command-numbers are kept through the versions…
- This helps when one uses text files for the languages, that I hope to get before my funeral… :P
I'll try, but in alpha/beta stage, i'll change again some id...
Pierre.
ckit
XnThusiast

Post by ckit »

JohnFredC wrote:Layout #7 (from the top) is still missing its little splitter buttons in A3.
Fixed in Beta 1.
XnViewMP running on Windows 10 Pro x64 21H1
PhotoFiltre 11, PowerArchiver Toolkit, ShareX and Vivaldi Browser