DOC for the GFLAx

Discussions on GFL SDK, the graphic library for reading and writing graphic files

Moderators: XnTriq, xnview

bob_chauvin
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon May 24, 2004 1:48 pm
Location: Grand Rapids, Mi

DOC for the GFLAx

Post by bob_chauvin »

Is there doc available that lists methods in the class?
Bob C.
User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 36805
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France

Re: DOC for the GFLAx

Post by xnview »

bob_chauvin wrote:Is there doc available that lists methods in the class?
Yes, part of the GFLAx package.
Pierre.
bob_chauvin
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon May 24, 2004 1:48 pm
Location: Grand Rapids, Mi

The doc included in the 2.01 GFL SDK doesn't have GFLAx help

Post by bob_chauvin »

I downloaded the GFL SDK http://www.xnview.com/download/GflSDKSetup.exe

The Help dir has one file, and it doesn't contain any specific notes on the GFLAx.

I did find an older version from this page.
http://quickwired.com/kallahar/smallpro ... _graphics/

Is there an update available?

Thank you for your help while I learn this tool.
Bob C.
bob_chauvin
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon May 24, 2004 1:48 pm
Location: Grand Rapids, Mi

Specific question about GetPicture

Post by bob_chauvin »

Powerbuilder has a Blob datatype that supports binary data.

What data type does the GetPicture return? Is it returning a pointer, or the actual image data?

Should I be using the sendbinary method?

Thanks
Bob C.
bob_chauvin
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon May 24, 2004 1:48 pm
Location: Grand Rapids, Mi

Got a basic sample working.

Post by bob_chauvin »

I got a simple sample for PowerBuilder working. I'll post the sample later on.

The basic process is to Create an OLEobject and ConnectTonewobject("GFLAX.GFLAX") , Perform a LoadBitmap, and then get the image into a Blob using the SendBinary method.
Bob C.
User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 36805
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France

Re: The doc included in the 2.01 GFL SDK doesn't have GFLAx

Post by xnview »

bob_chauvin wrote:I downloaded the GFL SDK http://www.xnview.com/download/GflSDKSetup.exe

The Help dir has one file, and it doesn't contain any specific notes on the GFLAx.

I did find an older version from this page.
http://quickwired.com/kallahar/smallpro ... _graphics/

Is there an update available?

Thank you for your help while I learn this tool.
yes, download GFLAx on my website.
Pierre.
bob_chauvin
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon May 24, 2004 1:48 pm
Location: Grand Rapids, Mi

Post by bob_chauvin »

Pierre,

I redownloaded the GFLSdk 2.01 from your www.xnview.com site. The only help file I could find was in the Help dir, dated 12/11/2003, 88k.

If you go to the http://quickwired.com/kallahar/smallpro ... s/Help.chm, it is an older help file, but contains help specific to the GFLAx, which is NOT in the GFLSDK 2.01 download.

Am I missing something?
Bob C.
User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 36805
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France

Post by xnview »

bob_chauvin wrote:I redownloaded the GFLSdk 2.01 from your www.xnview.com site. The only help file I could find was in the Help dir, dated 12/11/2003, 88k.
Am I missing something?
No, it's here
http://www.xnview.com/download/GflAxSetup.exe
Pierre.
BlackBurn
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2004 12:21 pm
Location: Netherlands

help file

Post by BlackBurn »

What Bob ment was that there is no help for GFLax in the help file only in the older version, that is in the link that bob has given above.

It is a bummer that the merge function isn't available in the old help file.
ImageViewer
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 8:54 am

Post by ImageViewer »

The GflAx Help is still missing in your release. I take a look at the
the old one mentionned above but some functions are not documented :
- ExportToClipBoard
- FreeBitmap ( set to Nothing isn't enough to free memory ?)
- Reload
...
User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 36805
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France

Post by xnview »

ImageViewer wrote:The GflAx Help is still missing in your release. I take a look at the
the old one mentionned above but some functions are not documented :
- ExportToClipBoard
- FreeBitmap ( set to Nothing isn't enough to free memory ?)
- Reload
...
Ok, i'll fix it.
You have problem when you make Ctrl = nothing??
Pierre.
ImageViewer
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 8:54 am

Post by ImageViewer »

xnview wrote:Ok, i'll fix it.
Thanks !
xnview wrote:You have problem when you make Ctrl = nothing??
No problem for the moment. I only try it with less than 10 images to reduce. But I want to use GflAx to do it with 10 thousands. If I have some memory pb, I will post it :wink: