How to delete particular page of tiff file

Discussions on NConvert - the command line tool for image conversion and manipulation

Moderators: XnTriq, xnview

punith8626

How to delete particular page of tiff file

Postby punith8626 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:21 pm

Hello,

What is the command to delete particular page of multi tiff file ?

cday
XnThusiast

Re: How to delete particular page of tiff file

Postby cday » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:44 pm

punith8626 wrote:What is the command to delete a particular page of a multi tiff file ?

I don't think there is an NConvert option for that...

A workaround would probably be to use a batch file that first extracts all the pages using -xall, then deletes the particular page you wish to delete, and then creates a new multi-page TIFF file from the remaining pages using -multi with suitable compression options.

Do you have a copy of the NConvert help file?

punith8626

Postby punith8626 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:52 pm

I have a copy of nconvert help but for big tiff files its not good to convert all pages and again merge it

cday
XnThusiast

Postby cday » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:19 pm

punith8626 wrote:I have a copy of nconvert help but for big tiff files it's not good to convert all pages and again merge it

I don't see any other way of doing it, unless maybe someone else has a suggestion... :?:

Is processing time the issue with large multi-page files, or are you concerned that the output file may have been modified in some other way, which I wouldn't think should be an issue?

Edit:

There might possibly be a utility available that can edit a TIFF file directly to remove a selected page or pages, possibly using the command line if that is what you need, if you Google something like 'edit tiff file "command line" '...

Return to “NConvert”