Ideas for improvements and requests for new features in XnView MP
Moderators: XnTriq, xnview
- Posts: 20
- Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:54 am
- Location: Paderborn, Germany
Updating IPTC tags for several images in a batch job may need to "clear" the input data prior to editing the tags to be updated (cf. http://newsgroup.xnview.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=20892
The "Multiple selection" settings in the "Options" tab control how the IPTC data are handled for several images. In case of a single image, these options have no effect. Therefore, my suggestions are:
- disable these option settings in case a single image is selected; this indicates to the user that a "Clear" is indeed a "Clear" and that options like "Keep original value if new value is empty" do not protect the original settings.
- these options affect all other IPTC tags, so place them beneath the "Clear" button so that it is always clear what happens if the "Save" or "Save all" button is pressed (like "Write options" in XnView 1.97).
Klaus (running Windows)
- Author of XnView
- Posts: 32770
- Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
- Location: France
[*] these options affect all other IPTC tags, so place them beneath the "Clear" button so that it is always clear what happens if the "Save" or "Save all" button is pressed (like "Write options" in XnView 1.97).[/list]
I have moved this option here to simplify this dialog, but perhaps a little hidden.
Or perhaps a popup menu with these settings near 'Clear'?