Create a new tab with the mouse

Ideas for improvements and requests for new features in XnView MP

Moderators: XnTriq, xnview

dandv

Create a new tab with the mouse

Post by dandv »

In Chrome, I can create a new tab by clicking with the mouse to the right of the last tab.

In other tab-based application, I can right click on an empty space in the tab strip and choose New Tab. Or double-clicking creates a new tab.

Can XnView do the same please? Thank you.

UPDATE: actually, how do you create a tab? I've been through every single menu option and couldn't find a way to create a new tab. View -> Tab only has "Show" and "Bottom". This further shows that my suggestion above would be super useful if implemented.
cday
XnThusiast

Re: Create a new tab with the mouse

Post by cday »

dandv wrote:how do you create a tab? I've been through every single menu option and couldn't find a way to create a new tab. View -> Tab only has "Show" and "Bottom". This further shows that my suggestion above would be super useful if implemented.
A new tab is opened automatically when a new file is opened, and also when a screenshot, for example, on the clipboard is pasted using Ctrl + Shift + V...

Do you see any situations where there is a need to create a new tab directly?
pixeldroid

Re: Create a new tab with the mouse

Post by pixeldroid »

Case for manual creation of new tab:
I want to retain an open tab but open a new tab to a folder by pasting the path to the folder from the clipboard.