I have been watching this program for a long time, but I have not been in the community to this day. The impetus was the appearance in her tools "curves" and the effect of "film" ...
I test for errors and help with advices in the development of many similar programs. Today's "file viewer" is really in demand. But for this you need to make a number of serious changes. The modern "file viewer" should have a set of minimally necessary functions, be easy and fast.
Minimal set for editing the color of the images:
1) A mixer of channels or matrix calculations for the rotation of the color space - this tool is not in the program. this tool can be in two versions:
1.1. as a choice of primaris and white points of one color model and another color model, after which the recipe of the matrix is automatically considered;
1.2. how to copy the matrix from the database (* .xls, * .txt) through the clipboard, or the ability to get it from the saved settings;
1.3. Create a matrix by moving the tool's sliders.
2) Curves - a universal tool for color editing. Hurray, he appeared in the new version, but so far very imperfect:
- there is no way to see for each point before and after;
- the spline curve algorithm is not the best yet and sharply pulling at one point it is possible to start a large wave passing through all points - probably it is necessary to try the algorithm of splines of Hermite or Akima, or even give a choice in the settings;
- there is no way to make a section between two points straight, especially for extreme points, this is important;
- there is no histogram under the curves and you can not switch between channels, because if you put a "check box" then you can edit any already created points, and create new ones only for the channel marked with "flag;
- there is no master channel, which is the sum of the other two channels, and for which you can assign in what sequence it is applied - to RGB channels or before them;
- there is no reverse function of the curve and its smoothing;
- there is no histogram under the curves, as clues to action;
- there is an error when either the result of the impact of the curves or the curves themselves are visible.
- there is no way to compress all the points of the curve at the extreme points at once ... from the main would allocate:
2.1. add a master curve Y = R * kr + G * kg + B * kb
2.2. make it possible to import and export curves into known formats * .acv, * .txt, * .rtc
3) The levels were in the program and they are well made, it only remains to add a mode of visibility of clipping by the shadows and lights on the picture itself - it's very easy! (curves or CLUT).
4) Equalizer LCH and HSV in the form of curves!
5) The ability to apply not only CLUT.png, but also 3DLUT (.cube, .3dl), 1DLUT (point-to-point curves). And to form a CLUT, you need two parallel processing threads, where one goes above the picture itself, and the second one above the base CLUT.png, then to save it as a color correction recipe and apply it to a series of pictures.
6) An eyedropper with the ability to take colors into the palette and control them (CMYK, RGB, HSV, LSH, Lab), and with the ability to save such palettes to a file.
Ideas for improvements and requests for new features in XnView MP
1 post • Page 1 of 1