Special icons developed exclusively for XnView

Plug-ins, add-ons, skins, icons, templates and other downloads. Contributions are welcome.

Moderators: XnTriq, xnview

carlosduarte

Special icons developed exclusively for XnView

Post by carlosduarte »

:twisted: i've been meaning to get this icon set noticed by pierre-e gougelet himself or the development team. they are NOT a skin, they are an iconset for the files.

http://1337.radioglobal.org/xnicons/
<Moderator's note: Link is broken, contents now available via this link>

are these useful to anyone? mail me: verbose [at] ziplip.com

ps: if downloading each one by one is too much of a hassle, there's an xnicons.zip in there (at the bottom).
User avatar
helmut
Posts: 8225
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2003 6:47 pm
Location: Frankfurt, Germany

Post by helmut »

Carlos,

thank you very much for your effort and providing the icon set. I think it's well done. At the moment, I'm not quite sure whether and how this could be integrated. As you know, you can choose toolbar skins in the options, but choosing Icon skins is not possible at the moment.

As a start and an intermediate solution, Pierre could simply provide your (and other people's) icon set as add-on for downloading. In Windows, people can specify which icon is displayed for which association and specify the icons they have just downloaded.

Later, if there's a number of icon sets available and a number of users who liked to have an easy way for setting this, an appropriate option could be introduced.

That's just my 2 cents, let see what other users and Pierre think about several icon sets.

A suggestion for the icon set:
In the icon set, the letters used somtimes differ in very few pixels. E.g. "G" in "PNG" / "SGI" and "F" in "TIFF"/ "WMF" Perhaps you can make the used 'font' still make a bit more consistent.

Greetings,

Helmut
carlosduarte

Post by carlosduarte »

helmut wrote: "A suggestion for the icon set:
In the icon set, the letters used somtimes differ in very few pixels. E.g. "G" in "PNG" / "SGI" and "F" in "TIFF"/ "WMF" Perhaps you can make the used 'font' still make a bit more consistent."
you're right. there's a reason why i did this, though, but i totally forgot it. i'll check it out anyway and try to see how consistent i can get it. the only problem is, i'm afraid that even if i polish it, it still won't be used.
helmut wrote: "As a start and an intermediate solution, Pierre could simply provide your (and other people's) icon set as add-on for downloading."
well, there you go. that would definetely motivate me. how can it be done? do i have to package my iconset in a specific way? if enough people dig the iconset add-on, then maybe some more iconsets will be contributed.

-carlos
User avatar
helmut
Posts: 8225
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2003 6:47 pm
Location: Frankfurt, Germany

Post by helmut »

carlosduarte wrote:...
you're right. there's a reason why i did this, though, but i totally forgot it. i'll check it out anyway and try to see how consistent i can get it. the only problem is, i'm afraid that even if i polish it, it still won't be used.
helmut wrote: "As a start and an intermediate solution, Pierre could simply provide your (and other people's) icon set as add-on for downloading."
well, there you go. that would definetely motivate me. how can it be done? do i have to package my iconset in a specific way? if enough people dig the iconset add-on, then maybe some more iconsets will be contributed.

-carlos
First, I have to point out that the "wrong" pixels is a very minor thing. Before taking any extra action, you should wait and see whether Pierre intends to add your package on the download page or not. At the moment, Pierre has technical problems accessing this newsgroup (see separate post), so his answer may take a couple of days.

Again thank you for you work,

Helmut
User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 36320
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France

Re: Special icons developed exclusively for XnView

Post by xnview »

carlosduarte wrote::twisted: i've been meaning to get this icon set noticed by pierre-e gougelet himself or the development team. they are NOT a skin, they are an iconset for the files.

http://1337.radioglobal.org/xnicons/

are these useful to anyone? mail me: verbose [at] ziplip.com

ps: if downloading each one by one is too much of a hassle, there's an xnicons.zip in there (at the bottom).
Thank you very much!
Pierre.
User avatar
helmut
Posts: 8225
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2003 6:47 pm
Location: Frankfurt, Germany

Post by helmut »

Pierre,

do you intend to add Carlos' icon set on the download page?

If so, please let us know here and wait a bit. I think Carlos will happiliy put some more work into the icon set, then.

Cheers,

Helmut
Dreamer
XnThusiast
Posts: 4608
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2004 9:08 pm

Re: Special icons developed exclusively for XnView

Post by Dreamer »

xnview wrote:
carlosduarte wrote::twisted: i've been meaning to get this icon set noticed by pierre-e gougelet himself or the development team. they are NOT a skin, they are an iconset for the files.

http://1337.radioglobal.org/xnicons/

are these useful to anyone? mail me: verbose [at] ziplip.com

ps: if downloading each one by one is too much of a hassle, there's an xnicons.zip in there (at the bottom).
Thank you very much!
Pierre.
Very nice :D great work carlosduarte, thank you :mrgreen:
carlosduarte

so...

Post by carlosduarte »

is this ever going to be added to the download page? :(
User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 36320
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France

Re: so...

Post by xnview »

carlosduarte wrote:is this ever going to be added to the download page? :(
Could you tell me your exact name, and i put a link on the download page.
Pierre.
User avatar
helmut
Posts: 8225
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2003 6:47 pm
Location: Frankfurt, Germany

Re: so...

Post by helmut »

xnview wrote:
carlosduarte wrote:is this ever going to be added to the download page? :(
Could you tell me your exact name, and i put a link on the download page.
Pierre.
Two comments:

- @Carlos: Before putting the icon package on the download page, I'd like to ask you for some modifications. I'll contact you via mail for this.

- @Pierre: I think you should not link to the package. Instead, you should host the files on your server. Otherwise Carlos might get traffic problems and you have another link which might get broken.

Greetings,

Helmut
Dreamer
XnThusiast
Posts: 4608
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2004 9:08 pm

Post by Dreamer »

I'm confused :? - That icons will not be integrated to xnview's installation pack :?: Just like addon :?: Why :(
Dreamer
XnThusiast
Posts: 4608
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2004 9:08 pm

Post by Dreamer »

So, it's integrated in xnview or not (or will be) ?
User avatar
helmut
Posts: 8225
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2003 6:47 pm
Location: Frankfurt, Germany

Post by helmut »

Pierre and I have been both very busy, so until now, nothing has happened regarding the icons. Sorry. I'll contact Carlos very soon. Be sure to hear here in the newsgroup, again. Please be patient...
Dreamer
XnThusiast
Posts: 4608
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2004 9:08 pm

Post by Dreamer »

OK
User avatar
helmut
Posts: 8225
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2003 6:47 pm
Location: Frankfurt, Germany

Post by helmut »

Carlos,

I'd like to contact you regarding the icons. Could you please send me a peronal mail with your mail address?

Thank you & Greetings, Helmut