Is it possible to use the OUTPUT filename or filenumber in TEXT

XnConvert Multi Platform - Windows, MacOSX, Linux
DoubleD

Is it possible to use the OUTPUT filename or filenumber in TEXT

Post by DoubleD » Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:10 pm

Using XnConvert Version 1.80 - windows x64 (Mar 2 2019) - Libformat version 7.26 to batch convert photos

This program is awesome, I just love it !!!

I add text to the bottom right or left of my photos. I see that I can use {filename} or {file number} in the text but I'm renaming the files on the way out. I'm using "GameDay-###" so I get a bunch of altered filed named GameDay-### where ### is 1 to the number of photos processed. I share the files to social media pages and many have asked if I can send them a copy of the image i posted. t would be real helpful if I could print the file number on the photo but since I change the file name I really need something like {Out File Number}.

Does this option exists or is it achievable ?

If not how can I ask for this feature to be added. I realize that there is no way to know what the number is when working on the Actions tab. Perhaps you could show ### (or haw ever many #'s the user puts into the output name) so the user can use it for positioning purposes. - Same for {Out Filename} and or {Out Filename With Ext}

xnview
Author of XnView

Re: Is it possible to use the OUTPUT filename or filenumber in TEXT

Post by xnview » Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:45 pm

Output data are only in filename template, not text. I'll try to add it
Pierre.

DoubleD

Re: Is it possible to use the OUTPUT filename or filenumber in TEXT

Post by DoubleD » Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:13 pm

xnview wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:45 pm
Output data are only in filename template, not text. I'll try to add it
Thank You !!!

I use XnConvert a lot so that would be awesome. I guess I can pass the files twice, Once to just rename the files and then Again to adjust bloom add text including file number and save with overwrite