"create error"

XnConvert Multi Platform - Windows, MacOSX, Linux

Moderators: helmut, XnTriq, xnview

Leland

"create error"

Post by Leland »

Getting "create error." Just downloaded XnConvert today from the mac app store. Gives me this error for GIFS and PNG images, I havn't tried other types, but I think it would be the same. I tried restarting my computer, and deleting and redownloading the app. (running 12.1 monterey on m1 apple silicon)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cday
XnThusiast

Re: "create error"

Post by cday »

At a quick look I think that your issue is that you haven't selected an output folder:

`Screen Shot 2021-12-24 at 5.37.52 PM_Edited.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Leland

Post by Leland »

Thank you, that fixed the create error.

I now have a different issue. When I convert to gif, it strips all frames but one, in effect making it a single image frame of type "gif image".

The Write Settings don't affect the output. I have a screenshot of the file size reduction that heppens even if I set it to output as the same file type, i.e. gif ---> gif.

:
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

you have 'convert multipage into multipage', but it doesn't work well for gif....
Pierre.
Leland

Post by Leland »

I turned "Convert multipage..." on, and tried all combinations agian and that didn't fix it either, still only keeps one frame. @Pierre, I concur :,/
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

Leland wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:37 am I turned "Convert multipage..." on, and tried all combinations agian and that didn't fix it either, still only keeps one frame. @Pierre, I concur :,/
Right works for TIFF, but XnConvert is for still image not animated like gif/apng/webm

Why do you want to convert a animated GIF into animated GIF?
Pierre.
Leland

Post by Leland »

xnview wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:17 am Why do you want to convert a animated GIF into animated GIF?
For some reason since the last two major MacOS releases, when I go to download a gif, it will download as webp file. Fixing them can be done by converting them from its original type as a gif to a gif – for some reason, which gets rid of the webp.

In other cases converting from a webp to a gif does it too.

I was exploring all options that I could find. Free online ones work sometimes, Permute 3 will fix some, I was trying out XnConvert to see if it would do an even better job or pick up some of the gifs that the other programs missed. Also, I really wanted to not rely on an online service that will eventually charge, etc. so XnConvert looks great for that too :).